Search results

1. Livingwaters

New To Reef Sanctuary

Welcome to RS. Thats a sweet tank you got. What color did you get it in?
  2. Livingwaters

Have a solorensis fairy wrasse?

I like that. He is healthy but again i have only had him for a week. I guess time will tell.
  3. Livingwaters

Im going to get some live brine and see if he can hold it down. @Funlad3 Most of my tank is a high flow area. As soon as i put it into the tank he goes nuts chasing it around, occasionally bites and usually spits it back up after chewing. Maybe he's bulimic.
  4. Livingwaters

Any one on here have exp with one? I'm having a hard time getting mine to swallow his food. Had him for about a week and I've tried P.E mysis hikari mysis and spirlina brine. He just chews on em and spits em out. Any ideas?
  5. Livingwaters

Fish eating only red or green zoas....

Cant answer your question but that sucks. I had a fox a few years back that inhaled xenia like it was crack. Im thinking its a matter of time before they eat the rest of your Zoas.
  6. Livingwaters

Fuel Coral promoter?

Miami, FL I think your the only other person on here (besides me) from Miami Where in miami do you live?
  7. Livingwaters

Fuel Coral promoter?

Ive used it. I can't give you a scientific answer but it didn't do anything noticeable to my tank except Fuel nuisance algae. After trying Fuel, Coral vite, Coral accel, and the most recent Marc weiss coral vital I've come to the conclusion that nothing make polyps extend and corals swell like...
  8. Livingwaters

My fish have Ich

I feel your pain. I had a QT tank an decided the midas blenny i bought looked perfect..... :bang head: ill never make that mistake again. Currently in week 4 of fallow. 4 more weeks to go.
  9. Livingwaters

Natural Ocean Water or Salt Mixes?

Im in miami as well. Most people here use ocean water. No need to mix. The only problem i have ever heard of is water coming in with baby jellyfish... Though that didn't cause any adverse problems for any one and now that person who delivers draws his water through a cheap fabric like material.
  10. Livingwaters

Show off your high end Zoa`s

This is about as high end as i get. (Pictures taken with a very old camera)
  11. Livingwaters

Water changes from DT to QT?

Yea I'm going to spend some time tonight reading through every single sticky on this site and i could see me sticking those rocks into my reef some time down the road.... Never thought this questions would amount to this. You live and you learn..
  12. Livingwaters

It wasn't live rock just some extra rock i had laying around in a box. I put it in to keep aggression down and give some hiding spots.
  13. Livingwaters

Wanted to share a pic of the fish you guys saved.
  14. Livingwaters

Haha. I know. Im still going to use my droppers but i prefer to use them every few days and in between use my dippers. Do you think thats a bad idea?
  15. Livingwaters

Thanks everyone for the help. I was testing every few days but i will bump it up to daily at least with my dip strips. Again thank you every one for helping me out.
  16. Livingwaters

There is no fish but I change the water because i still have a tank full of coral would appreciate it. I know corals absorb all kinds of of "stuff" out of the water such as trace elements and yada yada yada.
  17. Livingwaters

Black Asterina stars - Good, Bad, or Neutral?

Those Zoas are awesome!
  18. Livingwaters

When i change water in my QT i use the water from DT to replace it. I do this so i can put the Fresh SW in my DT. My question is since there is bacteria in the water from DT will it all die off once going into the QT because i have copper in it? and wouldn't that cause nitrite to go up?