Search results

1. M

Mushroom Coral Dying?

I just left petco and bought their natural sea water because it got great reviews and I know I should stop using tap water since Im sure its the root of all my problems. Anywhoo, I did a 35% water change and the mushroom went from shriveled up to open now. He was under a cave so he had...
  2. M

Mushroom Coral & brown stuff?

Hi all, I have a mushroom coral for about 2 wks now and it has been doing fine. I dont supplement the water at the moment, however I will go get iodine. Atleast thats what I read to get unless someone knows better. Anywho, I noticed today this chunky brown/red like clump come out its...
  3. M

Is my mushroom on a stick?

I was at the lfs yesterday and decided that I should try a mushroom coral. Ive been doing saltwater for about 8mos now. Anywho, The mushroom I liked I bought. While in the car I examined it some more and noticed it seemed to be attached to a twig looking thing. It was completely covered in...
  4. M

?'s about pumps for a sump

A few weeks ago I bought a pump, I thinks its a penguin. Ive also wanted to build a sump for the main purpose to add water volume to my 30 gallon display tank. I have figured how to do everything, except is there a way to use that pump to push water back to my display? I threw the box away so...
  5. M

Acclimated my Green Spotted Puffer to SW

Ive seen quite a few questions floating on the web about how to do it and nobody had the same answer. I basically followed Mr.Saltwaters drip acclimation instructions. He was not talking about changing BW to SW but his advice seems the best. And It worked. My Green Spotted puffer is doing...
  6. M

AmQuel Plus lowered my ph!!!

Hi All, new to the site... My tank has been set up for a year now with no issues until I moved to Delaware and began using their tap water.:banghead: Before I was using well water from Maryland and believe it or not I had ZERO issues. I tested the nitrates straight out the tap and they are...