Search results

1. softreef

Flow

Hmm, that's a tough call. My first thinking is one MP10 with one MP 40 or the MP40 with one of your larger Koralias on the opposite side for turbulence.
  2. softreef

All coral bleaching! Bummed and fed up!

Read through this; The Coral Whisperer: Bleaching and Tissue Loss in Corals - What's the Difference? — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog
  3. softreef

Frogspawn is glued to large shell, how to get it off unharmed

Do you have a pic so we can get an idea of how it is attached.
  4. softreef

Best brine shrimp hatchery ( 0 coast DIY )

Simple but effective, thanks for sharing.
  5. softreef

House painting & aquariums

The suggestion about shutting off air driven devices and a skimmer if not the spray injection type is a good one. I was advised by a very knowledgeable LFS friend to use a sheet. You thoroughly soak the sheet and wring it out before draping it over the aquarium. Turn off lights though. The wet...
  6. softreef

LED and Watts Per Gallon

Hey, just coming in here. There isn't really "bad" light but the Power brites may not be what you want. I tried them and the only way they really work well is to be above the water at least 12"-14" otherwise you get a "spotlight" effect of a round spotlight in one area times 4.
  7. softreef

My Ongoing Cyano Battle

Well, you may have gotten geeked up about the lights out but that is only a temporary "band aid" to the problem. I have found the BEST thing for stubborn Red Slime is Chemiclean. Do exactly as the directions state i.e. add the air stone, no skimmer, carbon etc. and it will eradicate the Cyano. 2...
  8. softreef

Koralia Reversing??

Thanks to all who tried to help. A guy on another forum clued me in to a little plug inside the cover. It was missing. I must have lost it when I cleaned it last time.
  9. softreef

Koralia Reversing??

Mine is a 1050. I bought 2 at the same time and only one is reversing.
  10. softreef

Koralia Reversing??

I have a mystery, at least to me. One of my Koralia Evolution, which is running off a wave maker, reverses. It has done it 3 times. It will run normal for extended periods of time and then I will notice a different pattern of movement and I will check and sure enough, it has reversed and sucks...
  11. softreef

Gaaaaaahhhhh!!!! What IS that?!?!

Yes, you had the opportunity not to use His name but you did it anyway.
  12. softreef

Looking back....WOW!

Thanks. I loved that group! You're welcome.
  13. softreef

Looking back....WOW!

Thanks, and thanks for getting the pics up. I tried 3 times and it kept saying it was an invalid URL. Thanks. It just killed me thinking back on how it all got started!
  14. softreef

Looking back....WOW!

O.k. I just had to share these pics. I found them while going through a chest drawer in the basement and they brought back some great memories. I was really green back then just starting out in the aquarium keeping realm. It was a 55 gal. no sump, HOB Aqua clear filter and an under...
  15. softreef

Hope all is well

Best to all...............
  16. softreef

Hope all is well

Just got to thinking of everyone on this and other forums I am a member and I thought I would just say, hey, how are your aquariums doing? Hope all is well. Forums can be a great place for knowledge, ideas, sharing and help. I wanted to say I appreciate everyone here and any help that some of...
  17. softreef

2 queries

I think you are talking about Lamnalia, Colt do not act as you speak, they do not loose their branches.
  18. softreef

2 queries

I may try and move it to the 25 gal. Is their tissue like other leather types that I can attach it to some rock with a tooth pick?
  19. softreef

2 queries

Easy BigAl!!
  20. softreef

2 queries

The Colt coral is attached to the huge piece of rock that can not be moved. I guess it is going to stay shriveled as the flow is good for everything else. I will do that. Again, I would have to cut the coral away to relocate...maybe down the road. Thanks to all who responded with their input.