Search results

1. K

What is this?

Thanks for the video!
  2. K

What is this?

I have another starfish that has been doing well but I have only had it for 3 months.
  3. K

What is this?

Thanks! The LFS did tell me that they were difficult but very doable. For $40.00 I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give it a try. When I put it in my tank and it started to swim it looked AWSOME! What a beautiful animal, the pic does not bring out the vibrancy of the deep maroon color...
  4. K

What is this?

Just picked this up from my LFS and I forgot the name. Can anyone enlighten me?
  5. K

Nano Reef Skimmer for RSM 250 Help!

So did you have to remove the lid from the hood and the new skimmer sticks out of the hood?
  6. K

LFS Display RSM 500 & RSM 650

Went to my LFS today and as soon as you walk in the door they set up a White RSM 500 and you look to your left and they had a Black RSM 650! I've seen the pics of both but pics fall way short of the real deal! I'm 6' 1" and the tanks top edge came to my nose. What AWSOME tanks!!!! I have a RSM...
  7. K

Stock RSM 250 Skimmer Pump Dying

It looks like my stock skimmer in my RSM 250 isn't producing hardly any bubbles. I took off my collection cup and shook the main skimmer body to see if it had clogged up any but still not much different. Does the pump require any type of maintenance? I've had my tank up for 11 months now so I'm...
  8. K

Biopellets review - an upgrade everyone must make

Ok, thanks for the explanation. So would I need to buy a pump for it as in this posting or can I put it in a bag like Chemi Pure?
  9. K

Do you clean the back glass in the Display Tank of an RSM 250?

Thanks for the input. Next water change I'm cleaning the Black glass.
  10. K

Biopellets review - an upgrade everyone must make

I just started using "FerroxiPhos-G" for Phosphate Control. My LFS told me to remove my Chemipure and use this instead. I was having a small issue with Red Slime and it seems to have worked. Is this stuff similar to what your talking about or is it totally different?
  11. K

What's HA? That's what I'm thinking..... Siphone and Scrape, however you can never contain all of the fallout.
  12. K

Since I haven't touched mine since I first started it 11 months ago I have the coralline and some algae growing on it. At this point I'll have to scrape it and I'm afraid it will start an algae bloom everywhere. I sure do want to get it back clean with the Black glass.
  13. K

Wow, 50 snails.... I only have around 5 or 6! I guess I better get more.
  14. K

Just checking to see what everyone does with the back glass in the Display Tank. I have not been doing anything to mine and it has a few things growing on it. The rest of the tank is pristine with no problems. Anyone keep theirs as clean as the front and side glass?
  15. K

When can I add an anemone to my tank?

Well my anemone didn't move so I had to move the rocks from around it. It's now spread out and really visible. my male clown is finally starting to host in it after five weeks. I was lucky enough to catch the first encounter on video, check it out...
  16. K

First SW Tank- 130D or 250??

Save up your $$$ and get the RSM250. I started this wonderful hobby last June as a total newby and didn't know anything about it. I thought about the 130 but I'm soooo GLAD that I went bigger. I don't have a 4 year old but my wife is just as bad. She constantly wants me to buy a new fish or...
  17. K

After five weeks my clown fish finally got close to its anemone!

My male has been hosting in the RBTA and the female just visits and then goes back to the small cave in the LR. However the Male host on the underside of the RBTA and just cruises through the tentacles every now and then. They for sure are not hosting vigorously like Reefer Gladness clowns did...
  18. K

After five weeks my clown fish finally got close to its anemone!

It took five weeks for my clownfish finally snuggled up to its anemone. I was starting to think that they didn't know it existed. They spent more time underneath it then getting inside of it but at least it's a start. http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/PRICAN_1/d7abb867.mp4
  19. K

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll keep you posted on the Adventures of Charlie (think that's what I'm going to name him).
  20. K

Hello fellow reefers! I've been off the forum for a little while because I'm not much of a blogger. Well my RSM250 has been up and running for 8 months now and things have been good. I've had a couple of losses of fish but I think that they were bad when I bought them from the LFS. I took the...