Search results

1. M

Has anyone used/bought this...?? LED conversion, plug and play kit

Also check stevesleds.com for a retro kit...,uses philips leds which actually might better than crees in terms of better wavelengths, more lumens. Msjboy
  2. M

Up coming plywood tank project

Here is a link to a local fellow up here in canada doing a 1200 gallon plywood tAnk... It is freshwater though but still a good read. 1200 Gallon Plywood build 2 Regs Msjboy
  3. M

Anemone Advice - Tank Transfer

I started a new Red sea max 130 April 2011 and by summer, I threw in a med/small gbta... (the tank used live rock from a previous owners) and it was fine from then til last month whne it split again and a clone has decided to wander. I must note, It did split within a few weeks I gotit ( some...
  4. M

Tell me about some low light corals!

Keyword " Nocturnal biotope " for some links... Cheers Msjboy
  5. M

Tell me about some low light corals!

Keyword " Nocturnal biotope " for some links... Cheers Msjboy
  6. M

Hello from Jojo in Shenzhen

Welcome, Is saltwater fish and coral reef aquariums popular in china...? Are there many stores to buy livestock...would love to see some photos next time you are At a store. Been to hong kong and they have their famous fish..bird street to buy their stuff. Happy reefing. Msjboy
  7. M

Bridgelux leds?

I have read the philips rebel leds are good too...but hard to find Msjboy
  8. M

Nano tank advice. hope this is the right forum.

Anenomes also sting other corals, grows faster, may wander,and may split producing even more of them in a small environmnet...maybe get a torch which looks a nem. Msjboy
  9. M

What critter can I add to eat chaeto debris?

A pin cushion or tuxedo urchin probably eats it....mine a pin cushion ate a lot of my cheato and nice macro algAes so had had to get rid of it. Msjboy
  10. M

Bubble Coral Concern

Our public aquarium ; vancouver bc)has a big tank with dozens in the colony...if i can find the photo i wil post it. I think you have to prune it like a plant ( frag it if it is the branching type) or sell it and get a small one and let the process happen agAin. Msjboy
  11. M

EURO REWR NANO SKIMMER HOW TO GUIDES FOR RSM 130d!

Links plz Msjboy
  12. M

Computer case as LED enclosure?

i think an old dvd player or some slim line sheet metal made box might do the trick too...so why waste money on a new PC media enclosure.. just got to your thrift or recycle store to find one. For the heat sink, you might have to find one and screw it in as well as your meanwell type led power...
  13. M

Mineral mud?

And i thought mineral mud was good for your face.
  14. M

Nocturnal... Anemone?

Google nocturnal biotope tank maybe... Msjboy
  15. M

Tank turned 49 this year

Wow...40 yrs. i read salt water tanks got started in the 1950s...it is amazing you tank has beeen thru a lot, especailly technology and techniques. You should write a book or a blog on marine tank hobby from way back til now,! Msjbot
  16. M

PIMPALA's - Pimpin' 150 deep build.

Some sort of rgb led? Btw, how are them eshine led lites doing with you tank? Msjboy
  17. M

Suggestions on my next fish

I have a red sea max 130.... So far 5 fish are 2 percula clowns, bag cardinal, 6 line wrasse and a watchman goby. I think I will add one more in the future being either a bicolor blenny, purple fire fish,or royal gramma.... Msjboy
  18. M

Rsm 130 - how many coral species in tank

Hi all, Started stocking corals FRAGS for my new rsm 130; wondering how many corals Can I safely stock considering future growth. I do not want a sting fest down the road. I read for 55 gallon tanks, people successfully had over 60 corals.... Is 30ish reasonable here with my tank.? what do...
  19. M

Dimensions of a RSM 130 Media Basket plz

Hello, I am trying to build my own media basket for my new RSM 130. Just wondering what are its dimensions H X W X D. I don't need the dimensions of the shelves as I can approximate it. I was going to make one actually without shelves and just use some 1/4" acrylic rods to hold the 2 main...
  20. M

TankTails 130 Zeovit Startup

Hi, I wouldnt mind doing a reactor too. Can you provide me with the dimensions.how much was it to do by the acrylic company. Also, is it safe to use the 65w bulbs on a 55w ballast for the rsm. Looking forward to your ado it results. Thanx Msjboy