Search results

1. P

Blue hippo tang sickness. bacterial?

I just noticed my blue hippo tang has white spots, but I'm pretty sure its not ich, these spots aren't bumps, but almost like fungus hanging off his body. I'm wondering what it could be, i have several other tangs and fish that look totally fine and healthy, and the blue tang is acting fine, no...
  2. P

Bulk Food

Hey guys, just wondering where some of you guys have bought your bulk dry food such as flake food for your marine aquariums. Im looking for about 2 pounds, and at a good price, but I also dont want to feed crap to my fish. Just wondering on some places because I keep on having to buy little...
  3. P

My 130 gallon reef system

I always see threads on other member's tanks and thought it was about time to let everyone see my tank. I have a 130 gallon reef aquarium with a 30 gallon sump, a Marineland MSPS 300 protein skimmer, s 72" compact flourescent lighting fixture with 2 50/50's and 2 actinics(96 watt). I have about...
  4. P

Spotted (harlequin) Sweetlips

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Spotted Sweetlips fish. I've done hours of research and after months of contemplating, I've bought one. Just wondering of some of the experiences you have had with them if any, and any tips. Will post pictures soon!!! Mine...
  5. P

Overflow catching air

I have recently purchased an overflow box and a sump for my tank. After the setup of the overflow and sump was done I stopped paying attention. After about an hour or so I noticed the water level in the tank extremely high, and then noticed my sump was low, I looked at the overflow and the...
  6. P

Sump setup question

I recently purchased a oceanic reef ready sump setup #1 and I have it under my tank. I was trying to get it working earlier but no luck. I have an overflow box that carries water into the sump. on the end of the tubes coming from the overflow are valves. I have a marineland protein skimmer in...
  7. P

WTB: Flame Hawk

Im looking for a flame hawkfish at a reasonable price. If anyone in the chicagoland area is looking to part with theirs that would be greatly appreciated.:shades:
  8. P

UV Sterilizer

Ive recently had an ich problem in my tank. I currently have a 130 reef tank with soft coral, hard coral, lps, a coral beauty angel, a clown wrasse, blue head wrasse, falcos hawkfish, clownfish, leather toadstool, a few fighting conch, a few snails, a few hermits, a yellow watchmen goby and...
  9. P

Copper hurting fish

Right now I have 3 fish in a 40 gallon with copper. These fish had ich but im treating them. Its a blue hippo tang, kole tang, and a blue headed wrasse. They were in the tank and the tangs had ich pretty bad. I treated with copper, doing half dose one day, then 2 days later (yesterday) doing...
  10. P

Fish disappearing?

Right now I have an anthias(3-4 inches), a blue hippo tang(3-4inches), Kole tang(4-5inches) Blue head wrasse(5-6 inches) Clown wrasse(3-4 inches) a small mandarin goby, 3 small purple firefish, a small yellow watchman goby, a small green chromis, a small 3 striped damsel, long tentacled anemone...
  11. P

Ich problem

I'm in a bit of a tight situation right now. My 130 gallon reef tank has gotten ich in it. Right now I have an anthias(3-4 inches), a blue hippo tang(3-4inches), Kole tang(4-5inches) Blue head wrasse(5-6 inches) Clown wrasse(3-4 inches) a small mandarin goby, 3 small purple firefish, a small...
  12. P

Fish getting Ich

Right now I have a 130 reef tank with 2 maroon clowns, a kole tang, blue hippo tang, 2 peppermint shrimp, blue head wrasse, clown wrasse, scooter blenny, fork tailed blenny, 2 mandarin gobies, long tentacled anemone, a green chromis(small, 3 striped damsel(small), hemits, snails(nassarius...
  13. P

Aggressive fish?

I have a 130 saltwater tank, only a few button polyps right now but I plan on getting more coral. I have a blue hippo tang, kole tang, blue headed wrasse, 3 purple firefish, a falcos hawkfish, 2 peppermint shrimp, red coris wrasse, some astrea snails, 5 fighting conch snails, 2 maroon clowns(I...