Search results

1. P

Need some advice on compatibility

I've had a blue head wrasse that was 5.5-6 inches and he was fine with everybody until I put new fish in. He would be fine with the majority, but would pick 1 or 2 out and would terrorize them until death. He killed my bicolor blenny and almost killed my scribbled rabbitfish. They seem to be...
  2. P

New kole has ich I think

I respect everyones opinion so why cant everyone respect mine? Im not saying a UV sterilizer will wipe out the parasite as I clearly stated multiple times, and I've said that I would consider my tank to still carry the parasite even though I haven't seen the parasite in over a year. My tank was...
  3. P

New kole has ich I think

if you install a uv sterilizer soon enough, and of proper size, your kole tang should be fine.
  4. P

New kole has ich I think

Im not sure if you get what a UV sterilizer does, but with the proper size sterilizer, your ich problem will go away, although i haven't seen ich in my aquarium in over a year, my tank would still be considered to carry the parasite because i was not successful of ridding the parasite when i let...
  5. P

New kole has ich I think

always on a fish, its impossible to see ich free floating
  6. P

New kole has ich I think

ich will go onto a host, get full of blood, and fall off. this is an effect that leaves many to believe that the fish doesnt have ich anymore. Just make sure he doesnt have it, and have a sterilizer picked out somewhere that you can order just in case.
  7. P

New kole has ich I think

No, you put the sterilizer on you main tank, and that is it, the sterilizer will diminish the amount of parasite in your tank to the point where you cant see any ich, i havent spotted ich in my tank since ive put on the sterilizer, get a good sterilizer though, i recommend the turbotwist, and do...
  8. P

New kole has ich I think

well, you dont always see the parasite when its on a host, you can only see the parasite when its "pregnant". I personally had a kole tang, one of my favorite fish, and it died from ich. I waited too long to qt it and didnt have a sterilizer. Since i have gotten my sterilizer, i havent lost one...
  9. P

New kole has ich I think

Everyone has their own opinion, in this case, one opinion is right. Which one is uknown, I personally think you can rid your tank of ich. Some fish can fight it off alot better than others can. I've had a tank die on me from ich, but my mandarin, blenny's, and gobies were fine, the tangs and...
  10. P

Show your t5 bulb combinations

This is a good idea...
  11. P

Beginneer in Saltwater

From past experience, ive had several nems get caught in overflows and wavemakers. The nem can look terrible and deflated but come back with no problems. Dont get rid of it because it will most likely be fine, but make sure it doesnt get caught again, and he should be fine once he is securely...
  12. P

Can I add one more?

I usually don't stick to the one inch per 5 gallon rule because it seems to be flawed to me, as your firefish are pencil wide but can get 4 inches or so, and same with your goby as opposed to a tang or butterfly fish they get taller than wider. the fish you have aren't very large at all. Give it...
  13. P

Can I add one more?

I'm honestly going to say that it should be fine. If your running a sump in a tank with only 3 fish and a shrimp, and all 3 fish don't emit a lot of waste, and they stay small. I think 52 gallons should house that wrasse no problem. That specific wrasse I believe sticks to the rockwork and is...
  14. P

Hippo Tang Mouth Stuck Open ? Cupramine. Please Help!!

Lee's advice is much better than mine, and whatever he says listen too, but I would suggest doing the 14 day treatment if you see no ich on your fish for the rest of the qt process. If that works as planned and ich doesn't re-appear, then setup another qt tank with no copper, don't put them in...
  15. P

Blue hippo tang sickness. bacterial?

i wish i could get better pictures but i cant, im almost positive it's not ich, because i've dealt with ich numerous times in the past. there are no bumps, and this is almost like little white cotton pieces, really small, only visible in certain light.
  16. P

marine velvet maybe?
  17. P

I just noticed my blue hippo tang has white spots, but I'm pretty sure its not ich, these spots aren't bumps, but almost like fungus hanging off his body. I'm wondering what it could be, i have several other tangs and fish that look totally fine and healthy, and the blue tang is acting fine, no...
  18. P

Mystery lionfish

Pictures are bad but from what I can see it looks just like a regular Volitan Lionfish.
  19. P

Who was fresh before salt and what kind of fish & setups?

I have a 135 gallon tank that used to be all cichlids, african but one day I talked my dad into trying saltwater and sold all of the fish for 300$ to get us started, little did we know that only bought us the live sand. lol, But i also had a 75 gallon with south american cichlids but that turned...
  20. P

Powder Blue Tang

My tank was setup in the end of october last year, and I've had the idol for about 8 months so far. The idol is doing amazing right now and eating everything in sight(including my zoa's, lol). The hardest part was the first week because he wouldn't show any interest in food at all for the first...