Search results

1. M

GIANT worm!!

I know this is not a nudibranch. Found this in my clients tank hanging out under hair alges on the out flow of her HOB filter. Its about 4 inches long when stretched out. Only thing I can find is a poylclad flatworm. It this right and what do I do with it? How do I know its an algea eating one...
  2. M

mushrooms jumping ship?

well off the rock, I bought this great mushroom rock from fosters and smith and a month later, all of the mushrooms have detached off the rock. I know they like lower lighting and where they were in the 12 gallon was at around 180 par is this to much light for them? I tried attaching them to a...
  3. M

for a 20regular nano, what lighting?

ok working on the lighting still for the 20 gallon nano tank. I currently have a coral life dual compact flourescent over it. It works ok I have mushrooms, favia, zoas and a frag of frog spawn in there. The zoa's dont seem to happy with the lighting, neither does the favia which I thought were...
  4. M

Introduceing Ebony

she/he is so cool!!!! I believe its a black spiney brittlestar/sea serpent. Got her free at foster and smith retail store here in town cause she was a hitch hiker on a coral order. He was going to toss her out otherwise.
  5. M

Two new hitchers

first one up a crab...black and white stripped looked like a jumping spider. Sticking to one hole in the new zoa's Next is a red worm deffinatly not a bristle worm it is on the glass
  6. M

candy cane lost one of it heads kind of?

ok so the frag I got in april has been hit or miss...it has been looking ok but last night one of the four heads was detached from its stalk but still connected to another head. It ate detached. I gently put it back onto it's stalk and so far so good. no withering no discoloring. Parameters are...
  7. M

need id! Anenome? maybe?

it is super hard to get a really good pic but it is on the back of the rock in a hole...I think there are two of them. All I see is clear tentacles with white bulbs at the tips. Here is the best pic I could get.
  8. M

Corals For Sale as low as $5!

what is shipping to 54501 thanks!
  9. M

Someone gave me this..id needed

I got this frag and I am not sure what it is, I know it has to stay at least 3 inches away from other corals. But someone please tell me what it is.
  10. M

sea stars, brittle stars what is this?

I know it is a brittlestar but anyone know which one?
  11. M

setting up a new tank

had a 20 gallon sitting idle on my dresser for years, used to be fresh water. I descided to make it sw. So here it is so far. Have a 150 metalhide that will be going above it eventually. So far so good.
  12. M

some random pics of my tank

The tank itself... New additions GSP and sponges Zenia sunday Zenia now Shroom then Shroom now.... And this is since sunday 5/15/11 Eagle eye then...5/17/11 And now 5/18/11 Unidentified then...5/17/11 And now.
  13. M

Need Zoa ID

I got two zoa's yesterday one is an eagleeye which is on the left, the other I dont know and she didnt either that is on the right. Anyone? Also you can see what I think is a star fish on the left of the eagleeye on the rock...its the light colored blob. Shaz
  14. M

starfish??

Just saw this in my tank today...it is really tiny and kind of a blueish white. I did see it moveing, is it a starfish and will it harm my tank? Shaz
  15. M

my pityful 12 gallon eclipse.

This is what it looked like when I got it. And now Granted I got this in 2006, it was already SW I got hte new light..some corals new pics to come. Shaz
  16. M

so I got new lighting and it still isnt right?

I got a corallife dual 24 inch compact? It has 65 watt Atinic bulb and a 65 watt daylight bulb. My tank is only 12 gallons. And I was told today that this isnt enough light for Lsp. Which is why I can get my candy cane to come back. I am confused now. At 130 I thought I could grow just about...
  17. M

is there such a thing as TOO much light?

I am getting a coralife dual compact. 24 inches for my 12 gallon eclipse. It has either a day light or a 50/50 and an actnic bulb. 120 total watts. Is this over kill? I couldnt pass it up, the bulbs are brand new no hours on them, is being delivered to my house...and I am only paying $50 for it...
  18. M

candycane what is it doing?

Had this for three weeks today...this is what it looked like a week ago This is what it looks like this morning...notice the "scales" Whats going on with it? Fed it last night, calcium is high salinity is high, did a water change today 15-20 percent with fresh water. Not sure whats...
  19. M

12 gallon eclipse

I inhereted this tank, it is doing good with saltwater with the filter it has but. The lighting issue is going to drive me crazy! Got rid of the hood and have a piece of plexiglass over the openening. Found a 60watt high output under the cabninet flourescent light. Been useing that. Biggest...
  20. M

Yet another lighting question!

would this be good for my 12 gallon ecplise? 20" Aquarium Light Hood Strip T5 36W Freshwater Marine | eBay