Search results

1. J

Pregnant Coral Banded Shrimp, Babies

I would offer them otohime along with the phyto-fed rots, water quality is a big factor in raising all shrimp. Most shrimp have been bred, from machrobrachium and various pennaeus to the lysmata, and others along with a very few cleaner shrimp. The cleaner shrimp have had the lowest results...
  2. J

Getting a Copperband Butterflyfish to eat

CBs will almost all eat pods, live adult artemia and other live foods, once eating them you can usually get them onto mysis and other frozen foods. I had a liverock tank with a good population of pods and used to rotate the rocks through the tank with the CBs. They will and do eat aiptasia, if...
  3. J

Grow out system?

Hi Doni THanks, I am moving right now, got half the tanks in place only a couple with water and this weekend will get the filter cycling through them, it was doing well until I took it all apart two weeks ago, how many gph are moving through your system with the Latzs? How many tanks in...
  4. J

Grow out system?

Hi Doni It took awhile but well worth it, I dont recall your saying anything on cool water for the Latz Clowns, do you use a cooler for them or are they the same as the others?
  5. J

How long should I drip acclimate a rose bubble tip?

I slow acclimate everything. I check the bag water, and release as much of it as I can after its checked, into a container, for disposal, I have a couple 4 gal pails, and I relase the bag into it, with a cup or two of the tank water, then drip a couple drops a sec into the pail, fish 2 hrs...
  6. J

how many types of latz clownfish {difference}

Stick to their natural needs, cooler temps, dont be reinventing the Latz. Luckily their preferred nem also does well at those temps E.quadricolor. ALL clowns will jump, keep them covered, or the water low enough they cant jump out, better to just cover them.
  7. J

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Hi Doni Great pics, I also love the Jawfish and the CB Butterfly, have hopes of keeping the CB and trying to breed the Jawfish, right now I am moving, just got the filter moved over, some 30s set up and hope to have it circulating next week, and be adding the first fish in a few weeks...
  8. J

Hi All

Hi, new to the forum, longtime marine and reef keeper/fan, interested in fish and inverts, retired now so just want to work with a few items that I have always liked. A lot of interesting threads here and interesting things going on, looking forward to the discussions.