Search results

1. C

Help my fish are getting eaten...

Hello all, We have a 55 Gallon tank, in it we have, 2 tomato clowns, a bandid coral shrimp, 2 lawnmower blennies and 4 spotted cardinals..A finger leather coral, a toadstool coral, a green star polyp and a flower pot coral, and a bubble tip anemone. I bought some new fish finally after 4...
  2. C

Parrot fish

After making a trip to my LFS, I purchased a new toadstool leather coral, a couple domino damsels and a beautiful white fish with an orange stripe. Not kow what the last fish was, as we live in Japan, i asked if he was ref safe, and coulde live with clown fish, and the fish guys states "yes, he...
  3. C

Rebuilding the tank

We had to start all over after moving with our 55 gal. THings seem to be going well at the moment but one event can change that. Fish Tomato Clown Coral Beauty Long nosed hawk fish Sailfin Tang ( Believed to be eaten by the BTA) 2 Lawnmower blennies Coral banded shrimp Couple of...
  4. C

Need some help

I have these two corals in my tank. I believe that one of them is a brain coral but without any english descriptions here in the stores it is tough to tell the exact species. The other I have not the slightest, I have been trying to identify them myself but there ae a ton of experts on here and...
  5. C

New Anemone

THought I would throw up some pictures of the new anemone. It seems to be doing quite well in the tank. The tomato clown we have hosted it within hours. I believe it is a magnificent anemone, but i could be wrong. It is hard to tell what a lot of th species are that we buy here in Japan since...
  6. C

Question about Crabs...

So this past weekend, we got rid of our peppermint shrimp due to they ate our anemone...got a new anemone..24hrs later "Nemo" loves him and wont leave him...Also got a few new pieces of live rock, one of which has 3 hitchhikers....2 Feather dusters and a baby blennie..which is funny because we...
  7. C

Coral question.. and a mystery?

First, we have this beautiful green coral. We have had it about a month and it has been doing wonderful. Opened up everyday, polyps out...Past 4 days nothing, just stays closed up. We have a fan blowing right over it and all levels in tank are stable. Color has not changed. About 3 weeks ago...
  8. C

Hello everyone!

Hello, I am new to this forum and would enjoy any advice! We have a 55Gallon saltwater tank, that we love, yes like some people love thier dogs/cats we love our fish/coral. The only down side is that every 3 years we have to tear down and start over as the hubby is in the military and we move.