Search results

1. MantisMan

Hitchhiker id? good/bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQtKp3nxKg0 Cestoplanidae Flatworm? polyclad flatworm? any1 know? Thought it was a nudibranch........
  2. MantisMan

when stars ATTACK....LOL

It was feeding time for my nems. Ive gotten in the habit of dosing the tank with SS water before I feed so the serpent will come out. He raged out like he was on fire and I was ready with cam this time ENJOY!!! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCovlWYU8Ck
  3. MantisMan

Gorilla infestation?

reef116.mp4 video by gunther38 - Photobucket Infestation or temp food source :) enjoy!
  4. MantisMan

Lighting question.

i did read "Basics of Lighting for Reef Systems". Even though i really want this fixture but am still unsure if its overkill 55 gal just starting over 100 lbs LR 50 lbs LS 2-2.5" SB Stocking plans will be SPS/LPS/fish (4-5 small fish uncertain yet as to what) Rock is walled to the...
  5. MantisMan

Mantis!!

As some of you know i just started my first 55 gal. Ive done a rediculous amount of research and am still learning things on the fly, but feel Im grasping things quite well. So the topic of discussion. This morning was looking at the tank enjoying my new anenomes that are moving well...
  6. MantisMan

Hydor Koralia Smartwave

Koralia Smartwave pump controller coming soon from Hydor Any thoughts initially as to possible performance from this thing. As I will be a test dummy for it. Also a heads up for anyone thinking of buying a WM and not wanting to spend $$$$$
  7. MantisMan

MantisMan's first 55 gal reef

Hi all. Just getting things going. $$ was tight so everything is cheap. Not nearly enough prep was done for this as I really didnt know what I was getting into lol. Regardless, Im in love with this lifestyle. no sump ... yet Turning my hob penguin 350 into a hob fuge soon. just...
  8. MantisMan

RO/DI quality/cost?

Hiya all, brand new to these forums and Reefing. I am buying a RO/DI unit (as i deem it an absolute necessity for this lifestyle) and need feedback as to experience with using them, product quality and affordability. Any and all other info is overly welcomed. Andrew :)
  9. MantisMan

Hi all!! :)

Just setup my first salt tank. 55g from the LFS. Reading reading reading. So much to learn. I made the mistake of not reading enough before i started. My first setup filled with TAP city water. Please dont flame :( Im so upset. Any advice on possible remedy as I have already placed over...