Search results

1. stilneas

blenny curious?

Is there a type of dwarf angel thats least likely to pick at corals or just a roll of the dice with all of them?
  2. stilneas

blenny curious?

Flame angels are reef safe with caution , depends on the fish. I have added some mushrooms that he completely ignores so hopefully the same holds true when i start adding other soft corals. I bought my flametail blenny 3 weeks ago now and apart from one skirmish with my lawnmower blenny on...
  3. stilneas

blenny curious?

I have a 7 month old 92 g FOWLR that would like to make a reef tank after i move at the end of the summer. Fish i have so far are : Blue jaw trigger , 6 line wrasse , pair of ocilarius clowns , flame angel , dottyback, yellow watchman goby and a lawnmower blenny . I also want a flametail blenny...
  4. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

Well after days of what seems like days of research I've decided to go with the deltec MCE 600 . Didn't really want to spend that originally but it seems to b from all accounts the best HOB skimmer available and hence the best insurance . How's the saying go , an ounce of prevention is worth a...
  5. stilneas

Which is better?

These r the 2 highest rated HOB's i can find in my budget. Anyone know what will skim more/better between the coralife super skimmer 220 and the Octopus LX200S HOB? Thanks for the feedback in advance :)
  6. stilneas

Enough light?

Ya , I know I'm not ready to get 1 was just curious , Thanks for the info
  7. stilneas

Enough light?

Ok cool ! Do some anemone's need more light than others ?
  8. stilneas

Enough light?

I know my tank isn't mature enough for an anemone yet but I'm waiting for my lights to arrive and want to know if they'll be sufficient in the future for a BTA. I have a 100g that's 20" from top to bottom I'll have 2 x 150 w MH with 4 x 65 pc actinic's . I 've been told already T5's better...
  9. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

I was looking at the octopus HOB's last night but theyre quite a bit more than the CSS 220. What size tank do u run your 65 on?
  10. stilneas

Hamilton 150W reefstar HQI- Metal Halide

Not exactly tickling my buying bone used with used lights for 5 bills , good luck with that...
  11. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

Thanks for all the help everyone it's kept me busy all day researching !
  12. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

I checked out the deltec MCE600 , everybody seems to love it but its over $500. i hear what you're saying about referring quality over affordability but i don't have that to spend. Burning through my savings pretty quick over here...
  13. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

Ya I caught the halloween hermit trying to eat a snail out of his shell the other day so they're out for sure. Ya you're right just read that from the link u posted for me - that's not ideal either. Now i don't know what to go with... I've read that many skimmers are rated higher than they...
  14. stilneas

proper lighting????

I know my tank isn't mature enough for an anemone yet but I'm waiting for my lights to arrive and want to know if they'll be sufficient in the future for a BTA. I have a 100g that's 20" from top to bottom I'll have 2 x 150 w MH with 4 x 65 pc actinic's . I 've been told already T5's better...
  15. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

Thanks for the cuc crew tip too . I've just been waiting for my lfs to to get more nassarius and nerite's they're all out right now. I think I'm going to take back my hermits also.
  16. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

I had a CCS 220 in my sites on ebay but after reading your post, that article and reviews on the tunze 9006 I think that's what I'm going with. Awesome advice much appreciated !!
  17. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

I have a 180 g that's drilled and plumbed for a sump in storage. When I move I'm going to upgrade to my 180 g thats already setup for that kind of system. Thanks for the HOB tips I'm going to look into those , thats the easiest route for me in the short term .
  18. stilneas

Wavemaker recomendation for Koralia Evolutions?

I'm totally hooked going broke fast ! LOL
  19. stilneas

Time for a skimmer?

Thanks for the help! :)
  20. stilneas

Wavemaker recomendation for Koralia Evolutions?

I've been away from the hobby for a long time and mainly kept african cichlids before so really new to the SW scene but I can't tell u how much I'm loving setting up my tank and learning all about reefing every day thanks to sites like this and generous members like u guys ! So much to learn ...