Search results

1. AFpilot09

Flow question

ended up going with a MD18 to ensure I had enough power now and in the future. I found a place that had them half off and snatched one quick lol
  2. AFpilot09

Flow question

I have a 125g with a 15 gal sump fed by an eshopps pf-1200 overflow box. The overflow box claims 1000gph flow rate. In the sump I have a SWC Xtreme 200 as my skimmer. The current return pump I have was on older pump that came with the tank when I bought it. It is a pond pump which runs about...
  3. AFpilot09

SWC Cone vs. Extreme

I have heard that from others as well which has me leaning towards the Super Reef Octopus 2000. It seems to be a new version with a better pump which would be nice. I think it will be able to handle a 125 with a 20g sump which is moderately stocked but I am not so sure about a 200+ moderately...
  4. AFpilot09

What am I missing? (swc)

I have also been hearing about problems with the sicce pump which has led me to look at the reef octopus super reef 2000 since it has the BB or myabe the NWB-200... Ugh, I am so lost in this land of large saltwater skimmers lol. I keep finding old threads talking about skimmers I can't even buy...
  5. AFpilot09

What am I missing? (swc)

Ok, what am I missing?:dunno: I am looking at getting a skimmer for my 125g which will be getting replaced by a 220g+ range in about half a year.I was looking at in sump skimmers so I checked out the SWC 180 Cone and the SWC Xtreme 200 as a good budget skimmer. And I can't figure out why the...
  6. AFpilot09

good deal?

Seems like a good deal to me
  7. AFpilot09

Has my wife lost her mind?

Hurry! Before she changes her mind! And then let her pick the first thing to go in the new tank so she has something to watch that is hers :wink:
  8. AFpilot09

The Wages of Sin are..........Birth!

Looking good!
  9. AFpilot09

My 55gal FOWLR

nice tank!
  10. AFpilot09

SWC Cone vs. Extreme

Ok, what am I missing?:dunno: I am looking at getting a skimmer for my 125g which will be getting replaced by a 220g+ range in about half a year. I was looking at the SWC 180 Cone and the SWC Xtreme 200 as a good budget skimmer. And I can't figure out why the 180 is more expensive yet is...