Search results

1. S

Is Mardel coppersafe ok for puffers and LR ?

Thank you very much for that fish catching tip !!!
  2. S

Thanks quentinB, yes you missed where i had the fish in the qt tank and then let the fish out of qt tank too early and it got the ick while in my display/main tank LOL. Had been buying some new stock for a couple weeks and had multi fish in the qt tank and didnt pay attention to the date when...
  3. S

catran : I have a QT tank (2 actually). I got impatient even though i knew better and and let one out of qt sooner than i should have. It was in my DT tank for about 4 days when i noticed the ick on it so it likely shed them into the water column by then. I could have taken all the fish out but...
  4. S

Getting my first macro algae

I just looked at your macro tank link. Very nice macro and setup. I do have a question for ya, The ulva i was sent has no roots or anything that i can se. It looks like picked lettuce from a grocery store, will this continue to live or attatch itself to anything or is it good only for a food...
  5. S

Getting my first macro algae

Thanks for the info tektite. I have both T12 and T5 lighting. I was holding off getting the T5 lighting then decided to go for it, my birthday is next month so its a early B day gift LOL. I have two T12 Double strips loaded with 4 Ocean sun 10,000"s and 1 T5 with 2 ultra daylight and 1 ocean...
  6. S

The bottle and info packet inside said that it wont damage the biological filtration, i guess we will see on that claim. Hope it wont mess with the cycle, major pain in the butt there. Magnatar68 : I do not have a reef tank. I have a FOWLR with 3 anemone for the clowns and some macro algae...
  7. S

Will mardel's coppersafe harm my Live rock and coraline algae ? I cant find where to look it up. Packaging just says not safe for inverts with no hard shells such as anemones etc. Any body got info on if its harmful to saltwater puffers like dogfish or burrfish ? Thinking of using it but the...
  8. S

Dog Face Puffer compatibility question?

I have a correction to make, I had suggested that a lionfish could be a tankmate with a trigger and dogface. Since then i researched some more on it and found that lionfish and triggers dont make good buddies, the triggers (all except maybe the niger and a few niger related species) make awful...
  9. S

black damsel hosting a rbta!!!!!

Well that explains it LOL
  10. S

Got a question

I ordered it online and it was delivered last week. Had good color when arrived and has kept it , i noticed when they go under or inbetween a rock for a few hours they get a kind of see through watery look thats still brown but kind of translucent compared to when they are in good light and stay...
  11. S

Got a question

I have only moderate lighting, just enough to support an BTA (4 T5 HO, 2 ultra sun and 2 coral sun) bulbs and 2 double flurecent strips loaded with 4 ultra daylight bulbs) The tank is 18 inches deep, i have one anemone that has relocated itself down to the bottom of my LR stack. It has spread...
  12. S

Online suggestions for anemones?

I have ordered from live aquaria too. I also have used saltwaterfish.com, most things came in good condtion from saltwater.com but i did have a naso tang i ordered from them come in with a sunken belly and ick, it died the next day. Their replacement policy made me order other items and use the...
  13. S

black damsel hosting a rbta!!!!!

I have 3 tiny domino damsels, one of them tries to host my bubble tip everytime the clown leaves the GBTA, he will race up there and try to host it till he is kicked out again . I can tell its the same one each time too ! LOL
  14. S

If you have a good LFS to go to then thats where you should go. But if you are like me and are very limited with your LFS choices (I live in a tiny town in the middle of no where , my nearest good shop is 1 hour and 45 min away one way) then you will find you have to go online for the more...
  15. S

Video clip of my Clarkii and GBTA

I know LOL. He is constantly "snuggling" and grooming it.
  16. S

I ordered my Green bubble tips from Petco online. I know they have terriable conditions in store but online your fishstock comes directly from the vendor cutting out petco who is like a middle man. I have to say they came in fantastic condition, no bleaching and good solid deep color, good...
  17. S

I love nems:)

Gorgeous. I just got my first Bubble tips, the green ones. I got one for each of my clowns (2 clarkii and 1 tomato). I have a tiny domino damsel that tries to host one of them LOL. I like them alot . Yours are very nice specimens. Im gonna go feed mine now LOL
  18. S

Video clip of my Clarkii and GBTA

Here is my clarkii trying so hard to not roll out of bed LOL. Video was taken at 2 am one night with the moonlights on. I also posted this by accident in the anemone club forum so sorry for the double duty LOL. Hope you enjoy it as much as i did, im still giggling over it...
  19. S

Short clip of clarkii and GBTA at night

My little clarkii tried so hard to "stay in bed", its Green bubble tip anemone. Video was taken about 2 am at night. Very funny. Enjoy. http://s441.photobucket.com/albums/qq133/cichlidgirl/?action=view&current=Video0012.mp4
  20. S

My 135 Gallon FOWLR

Here is my 6ft 135g FOWLR: I have the following fish : TANGS : Scopas, naso, kole, yellow WRASSE: Birdwrasse m/f, Lunare m/f, Hawaiian cristmas Trigger : niger , (queen trigger on the way, likely to be housed alone though) Clowns: Clarkii m/f and Tomato Anemone: Green Bubble Tip for...