Search results

1. kope1078

CoralVue VHO 120VAC 60Hz 660 Ballast

Have a near brand new Coralvue 660 ballast for sale, used for about a week. I upgraded from vho to t-5 so don't need it anymore. Asking $110 obo, this includes shipping priority. I also have one that needs serviced I'd sell for an additional $30.
  2. kope1078

Aquatic Life 48" 6-Lamp 6 x 54W T5 HO Light ....question

My tank has an enclosed top made of acrylic...so it would be setting on that. Not over open water
  3. kope1078

Aquatic Life 48" 6-Lamp 6 x 54W T5 HO Light ....question

can i just place this fixture on top of my tank underneath my canopy or does it have to hang or set up on the legs? Aquatic Life 48" 6-Lamp 6 x 54W T5 HO Light Fixture - AquaCave
  4. kope1078

Light uprgade, need some help

thanks a lot I didn't think of some of those ideas, I guess i have more options than i thought.
  5. kope1078

i pretty much just want to keep softy's but maybe some a little more hearty. I don't think i have enough room for six 60 in. bulbs because my tank is acrylic with custom canopy that has a hex front. I have room for six 48 in bulbs
  6. kope1078

So a 60 in 4 bulb retrofit with individual reflectors would be ok???
  7. kope1078

I'm going to upgrade my reef to a t-5 setup. I'm still living in the ice age running t12's. Well I'm trying to figure out what I need. My tank dim. are 60" x 18" w x 24" deep. I'm have mostly soft corals but would like to have the option to mix it up. I want to do a retrofit kit but not...
  8. kope1078

Very slow cycle???

update if anyone cares, two days after the water change my ammonia dropped to pretty much zero and the nitrites have soared. thanks for the advice everyone, i think i'm finally on my way.
  9. kope1078

My Fish List...Need advice

After my first ich outbreak, I will put everything in quarantine.
  10. kope1078

The sweetlips is officially off the list. I was just at another store in the toledo area and they were selling them also. I'm convinced stores don't give a rats ass about anything but the bottom line.
  11. kope1078

But the sweetlips is sweet looking...lol. My top is enclosed so should be ok with everything. So you think thats a good order to add them or does it matter with my fish choices?
  12. kope1078

About the spotted grunt...my lfs told me he sells them to everyone and they never give anyone problems and that he won't get that big. However I'm a little skeptical, here is a link about the fish, Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Spotted Sweetlips
  13. kope1078

What does everyone think about my fish list. Not sure if this is the order I should add them or if it even matters. Or is it to many? Any input would be nice, maybe even some other ideas of fish. Thanks 1. 2 percula clowns (already in tank) 2. Spotted Grunt...aka, sweetlips 3. Sailfin Tang...
  14. kope1078

Very slow cycle???

Thats not it...my display and 30 gallon test fine with the same kit. Plus I have the sea chem ammonia indicator in all tanks, both are max color .
  15. kope1078

Very slow cycle???

Tetra Whisper PF10 Filtration System at PETCO Here is the filter I'm using, as u can see it already has a bio sponge in it. I also have pvc fittings in both tanks. I'm going to do 30% change and see what happens. I also just added a little bit of live rock, that I had in my sump on my...
  16. kope1078

Very slow cycle???

It has the carbon bag and a seperate black foam pad in the filter chamber. Water goes thru the carbon pack first then the foam pad where the bacteria is supposed to take shape. Psu, do i need to run the sponge in my sump or just let it soak in there???
  17. kope1078

Very slow cycle???

Hey everyone, I set up two ten gallon quarantine tanks exactly two months ago. Both tanks have a small powerhead, heater, and a tetra hob filter with carbon pack and the black bio sponge. I used the raw shrimp method to get the cycle going, about half a piece of shrimp per tank. Anyway...
  18. kope1078

RSM 250 question

Ok, thanks everyone. Now if I can get the wife on board I think I'll pull the trigger. I think I read somewhere the newer ones have a lip cut out, or something of that nature, on the protein skimmer.
  19. kope1078

RSM 250 question

Hello everyone. I am really leaning on buying a rsm250. How do I know if I'm buying the updated versions? I've been reading some post and people are saying they got the 250d. I was looking at buying from the petstore.com. Thanks in advance Red Sea MAX 250 Plug & Play Coral Reef System