Search results

1. M

Fluval edge sump

thanks for all the replies guys, as for the tank on ebay the first prob is that the seller does not ship to Canada so.... it is a sharp looking tank tho. I have been moving forward with the project and the stand should be ready for paint next weekend then i will cut the glass for the sump. As...
  2. M

Fluval edge sump

Has anyone out there used the coralife CFL 50/50. thinking i will put in two of them in this tank. Good for corals? if so what would do will in this setup?
  3. M

Fluval edge sump

Thanks for all the feed back guys. Will be going with the fluval with a sump, Picked up the tank this week and building supplies for the stand as well as glass for the sump. Will keep in mind the smaller fish, I truthfully did not know that clowns go that large. But i guess all the ones i have...
  4. M

Fluval edge sump

ok, so what would you say the lest amount of what i should go with would be? I can always go with a bigger sump just to get the water volume up. I would also like to hear some suggestions on sump set up. Bio-balls? live sand? I have seen many forums on nano reef tanks, i know they are out there...
  5. M

A few questions, started a thread of my own regarding setting up a edge SW tank. Have one guy...

A few questions, started a thread of my own regarding setting up a edge SW tank. Have one guy telling me it will not work. I am going to set it up with an overflow over the back and have filter and heater in a sump under the tank. I only want a small amount of live rock. I am thinking 2 or 3...
  6. M

Fluval edge sump

I understand that it will be work, i have yet to find a tank that was not work.
  7. M

Fluval edge sump

Thank you for the reply, like i said, 2 or 3 small clowns,not several. Once they get to big time to change them out. Trade in at the LFS and off we go. Nice to know i do not need a PS. As for water displacement by the live rock i would say not more then 1.5 gallons. Like i said i want a very...
  8. M

Fluval edge sump

So i am new to reef tanks but have had a few years in fresh water tanks and have had one fish only saltwater tank. at this point i am wanting to set up a nano tank in a Fluval edge. This seems to be done a fair amount so thinking it should not be to much of a problem. The main thing i want is...
  9. M

Fluval Edge 6 gallon

I Just want to say good for you for going on with this project regardless of the comments that stop just short of saying you are a complete fool for even thinking that this may work. I think that the world would be a much different place if it where not for poeple like you "thinking outside the...