Search results

1. S

Red Sea S-650 - Dave's marine adventure

Just jumped to the last page of your thread (must start from the beginning)., I notice that you have used netting as a support for sps (brilliant idea), what netting did you use and how have you fixed your corals to it. Great tank by the way. :cheers:
  2. S

RSM130 ATO - Which one?

I use a reefloat ATU pro, by far the most reliable one I've used. Google reefloat for there web page(there UK based). His service and aftercare are second to non.
  3. S

Cover options for 130D

I use a piece of egg crate. It is very easy to cut to shape and doesn't cast any shadows from my leds. I've cut a feeding hole in mine to accommodate an eheim auto feeder for when I'm away. Hth
  4. S

Changing / Refreshing Substrate

Be careful disturbing established substrates. They invariably contain Hydrogen Sulphide and other nasties that are deadly to marine tank inhabitants.
  5. S

Cpe

Hey thanks for that. Virtually maintenence free,what a bonus.:dance: Tank has never looked clearer since using these products.
  6. S

Cpe

Do you have to rinse out the CPE and purigen periodically and if so how often. I do a 10% water change weekly. Cheers
  7. S

auto top up

Does anybody use an auto top device for there RSM 130D and if so where do you locate the float switch and the water inlet pipe. Cheers
  8. S

Cpe

Just seen this in your thread Tok. I'll be reading this thread with interest. Thanks for your input.
  9. S

Cpe

Hi Tok,how long does this last compered to CPE and have you noticed any benefits using this. Cheers
  10. S

Cpe

Just ordered some of that filter floss Glenn,much cheaper than what I have been paying. No need to rinse out any more at that price :thumber: Cheers,Les
  11. S

Cpe

Cheers for that Glenn. (pics aswell:dance:) How long should i expect the 2 to last. There a bit more expensive here to buy than the States. What is the blue and white filter floss,I use a white floss alongside 1 inch of the red sea black foam,does the blue and white floss have a trade name?
  12. S

Cpe

hi,what size bag of CPE should I run alongside purigen in RSM130 and in what order should I place them in a Stevie T rack. Cheers
  13. S

Free RSM 130D - Manchester UK

Thanks very much. See both you and your new super tank soon. Les
  14. S

Hi david Thanks for considering my request,you can rest assured that if i was able to have the tank it wouldn't be sold on ebay or on other forums.(see PM). This offer is most generous of you. Good luck with your new tank by the way hopefully I'll get to see it sometime. Cheers Les
  15. S

Hi David I would like to register interest in your RSM.I could collect anytime as I live in Denton Manchester. cheers Les
  16. S

external filter

Hi,has anybody used an external filter with an Rsm 130 d and if so where did you have the inlet and outlet hoses.I dont want use a spraybar and would I be OK in using just carbon,phosphate remover and sponges in it. Cheers
  17. S

Filter rack

Do you use half the black sponge in the first chamber below the return pumps and the other half below the water inlet next to the skimmer.
  18. S

Skimmer

Thanks Reefmack got the offer of new skimmer compleat with pump very cheap and can afford to ditch the body,keep the pump as a spare and stiil be £/$ in!!!
  19. S

Filter rack

I have removed the ceramic rings from the first chamber and use just carbon and a phosphate remover mixture in a filter bag.would it be beneficial to raise the bag of the bottom of the chamber using a square piece of acrylic on acrylic rod legs.I would drill plenty of holes in the acrylic sheet...
  20. S

Skimmer

Is it just the body thats not compatable or is it a different pump aswell?