Search results

1. M

Combining Hammer Coral

Cool... I have a head of pink and green. Once the heads really start multiplying it would make a cool looking affect.
  2. M

Combining Hammer Coral

This might be a dumb question, but is it possible to combine heads of different color variations of hammer coral? Will they sting eachother, or is hammer coral immune to its own species sting? I would like to putty together 3 different color heads to make one large colony of all different colors.
  3. M

Is this normal behavior

Thanks for the input. I'm just frustrated with fish... I have no issues with all types of corals, yet fish seem to be so finicky.
  4. M

Is this normal behavior

I just bought a Coral Beauty. I acclimated him over the course of an hour. I had the lights out for around 14 hours once he was in the tank. He has good color, no odd makings or spots, and is an active swimmer. None of my other fish are causing any stress for him. I placed frozen...
  5. M

Stomatella varia Question

I guess I can't just look under their skirts huh?
  6. M

Stomatella varia Question

I just purchased two Stomatella varia snails and I was wondering is this enough to allow for reproduction in my tank? I heard they breed like rabbits, but I wasn't sure if 2 would do it. Thoughts?
  7. M

Mangrove Question

I've been going for 6 months with zero recorded nitrates. I add a tang and now I'm at 10ppm. I'm interested in adding Mangroves in an effort to try and control this. I have a couple of questions: What are peoples experience with Mangroves? Do they work on reducing nitrate levels...
  8. M

Purple Macro ID Please

It's soft with a opal looking shine on the top as it gets older. Thank for the links.
  9. M

Purple Macro ID Please

Not a clue eh? Wow...
  10. M

Purple Macro ID Please

I'm starting to get a large amount of this growing in the tank and I'd like a ID on it and an idea of if it is something to worry about. I also just bought a Yellow Tang. Will he eat it? Thanks, Mike
  11. M

Flatworm Question

They appear to be the white kind. What do they eat? Is it a sign of overfeeding?
  12. M

Flatworm Question

I'm starting to notice flatworms in my tank. I'm talking 1-2 here or there. Is this anything to be concerned about now or is it normal? I'd like to avoid a outbreak if possible. Does having them gaurentee a outbreak over a period of time? I syphon them out when I see them. Is this...
  13. M

Found BTA in Powerhead Filter

As of this morining the BTA is totally inflated and appears to be doing fine. He looks a bit beat up, but what do you expect after being inhaled into a powerhead. Thanks for the input guys.
  14. M

I agree... This powerhead was very high in the tank, and I didn't think it would venture that far up in the tank. He seems to be re-inflating his tenticles now, so maybe we will make it. Is there a name for those filters, so I can modify my powerheads? Thanks for your help...
  15. M

This sucks. Poor guy was not totally sucked in, but a good bit of him was within the plastic pre-filter. I was able to extricate him sucessfully. His base appears to be fine, but there were 2-3 tenticles that I had to syphon out of the tank. Can he survive this? Thanks, Mike
  16. M

ID on a slug

I can't take credit for the photo, but another reefer on another site posted this. I have one in my tank and it appears to not eat anything but algae. No one seems to know definitively what it is, so I thought I'd try here.
  17. M

Clam of some sort.

It seems that whenever I buy something there are other unexpected critters attached. What a hobby.
  18. M

Spray Bar or Nozzle

Can powerheads be used as external pumps or do they have to be submerged? Thanks for the info.
  19. M

Clam of some sort.

I recieved a "rock" with a couple of Ricordia on it the other day and I went to move the "rock" today and it moved when I touched it. Upon further review I noticed it was indeed a clam. It is the size of a golf ball, but the shape of a oval instead of a circle. It's encrusted in collaline, so...
  20. M

Camera Recommendations

I'm looking for a digital camera that has a good macro feature. I also want to avoid the delay that I currently experience with my old camera when I push the button. Anyone recommend a camera? I'm looking for something less than $400. Thanks, Mike