Search results

1. A

some kind of white sack in a cave in my reef tank?

Hi all, I can't get a picture of it because its at a real awkward angle but i have some kind of small, maybe 1 inch diameter "sack" in sitting on the substrate in one of my caves in my 1500l reef tank. Its white in colour and kind of resembles a marshmallow or meringue nest.. inhabitants...
  2. A

air bubbles on _everything_

Recently i've noticed that everything is covered in little air bubbles, the rocks, calerpa, substrate (Crushed coral) an the surface of the water. If i stir it up, waft the rocks etc, they dissapear yet 30 mins later they are back again. I've also noticed an increase in algae growth, i...
  3. A

shrinking bubble anenome

I'm a bit worried about my bubble anenome, since i got it, maybe 3 weeks ago its been fine, it opens up every day to spread about 9 inches across, its looks lovely. I've fed it every 2-3 days a bit of lance fish, maybe half a lance, occasionally i change this for a peel prawn. Today its...
  4. A

Glass shelving

Hi all, After seeing some glass shelving at a store recently i'm thinking of adding some myself, a great way to cut back ont he amount of live rock i'd have to buy for my 400l tank. Does anyone know, if i make my own (i.e get glass cut at my local glazier) what type of glass (thickness)...
  5. A

name that coral....?

I'm not over sure on what this coral actually is, the "flowers" are maybe only 1/2" across, any ideas please?