Search results

1. JasonL

Back from Overseas

Hello everyone. I am in the military and have just returned from assignment in Germany. Its been 3 years since I had an aquarium set up and now Im back at it again. Im going to keep it small for now but when I retire... (evil laugh) This is what I have so far. 29 gallon Bio cube (Stock)...
  2. JasonL

Need Help in Germany

Hello Everyone, Well I finally made it to Germany and am now living in Hohenfels, a lovely little area deep within Bavaria. I have my 14 gallon Nano cube out of the Box and really need to Know where I can go in this general area to look for livestock and supplies (an LFS). Is there anyone out...
  3. JasonL

Which is better for a Nano

I am interested in knowing what everyone thinks would be more interesting in a nano reef. I plan on purchasing one of the the following. I will let Reef Sanctuary decide on which one that will be. They will be placed into a 14 Gallon BioCube. (In Italy of course)
  4. JasonL

Why is it there???

I read alot about removing the BioBalls, the filter pads and the ceramic doo-dads from the backs of the nano tanks but my question is, why are they there in the first place. I like to assume that the manufactures are well knowledged in this area and would not put somthing in a tank they they...
  5. JasonL

Great little story

So there I was, I had all the contents of my 75 in buckets and I was standing in my LFS. They took everything and priced it all at approx. one thousand dollars. I told them that I wanted to just give it to them because I wanted to know that it was in good hands and Ive just developed a great...
  6. JasonL

Great deal on a 75 with lighting

Got some great deals on some items, figured I would give reef sancuary dibs on them first. LT-ES53506 48" Coralife Aqualight Pro includes the following.Two 150 watt 10,000K HQI, double-ended, metal halide lamps. Two 96 watt True Actinic 03 Blue square-pin compact fluorescent lamps. Three...
  7. JasonL

Tired of all the equipment!!!

Well this weekend I finally decided that I am tired of dealing with all the equipment. So guess what?, I got rid of it. Right now I have a 75 gallon tank, 2 power heads in the tank and another one hooked up to the top off water below the tank. and I have two 150 Halides 2 actinics and three...
  8. JasonL

Aqua pod stocking advise

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post some photos of my nano and maybe get some feedback on what other people think. It seems to be missing somthing to me but hey aint somthing always missing. I also wanted to know whether it is considered over stocked or under stocked. Maybe even some feed back...
  9. JasonL

Abbreviations

Hey everyone, Ive got an idea for a thread. Not everyone out there knows what all these abbreviations mean. Kinda like...LFS... Local Fish Store...SPS and so on. How about everyone pitch in and come up with an abbreviation and then elaborate on what it means. Just so we can all understand the...
  10. JasonL

Question needs answering

I've got a question. I have a 75 gallon tank with approx 85 to 90 pounds of live rock with a three inch substrate. two 250 metal halides with actinic and moon lighting. I keep the following fish, animals and corals: 1 sailfin 1 yellow tang 1 maroon clown with host Condalactus (wierd) but he...
  11. JasonL

Hello everyone, Heads up on FISSION Nano Skimmer

Hello everyone, Im not too new to reef keeping, I am the keeper of a 75 Gallon reef aquarium (set up 1 year ago), and I recently set up a Aqua-pod Nano reef in my office. I recently ordered a Fission Nano-Protein Skimmer that they claimed would fit in the back of the aquarium but it didnt, so...