Search results

1. R

Frustration after 4 months

If You Ever Need To Test The Quality Of Your Ro Unit, Bring A Sample Of Water To Your Lfs And Have Them Test It For Dissolved Solids. This Will At Least Determine If Your Membrane Needs To Be Replaced. Glad To Hear Things Are Improving. By The Way, What Type Of Lighting Are You Utilizing?
  2. R

Cycling my 12G

I Noticed That You Have Added Boyd's Chemi Pure. You May Have Problems Acquiring Accurate Test Results For Your System As Chemi Pure Is An Ion Exchange Resin That Tends To Skew Readings. Standard Activated Carbon Suffices As A Water Polisher. Just Something To Think About!
  3. R

Ph

Your Best Friends In This Case Would Be Good Quality Test Kits For Calcium, Ph And Alkalinity. Red Sea Puts Out A Decent Alkalinity And Ph Test Kit (2 In 1) And For The Calcium, Try Salifert Or Sea Chem. This Having Been Said, Utilizing The Bio Calcium Supplement, In Conjunction With Monthly...
  4. R

Ph

I Have Had Great Success With "tropic Marin Bio Calcium" Not Only Is It A Calcium Supplement, It Also Maintains Your Alkalinity Levels So Ph Levels Do Not Fluctuate.
  5. R

hope I found a home

Your lighting system requirements will be determined by the types of corals that you plan to keep. What are your plans? I would at least look into compact flourescents; halides can be added at a later date if you decide to keep tridacna clams, sps corals etc. Get what you need for now and add...
  6. R

Perc Problem

Have you thought about contacting your local fish store to see if they have a tank that is copper ready? Most stores have a quarantine system set up for their new arrivals. Try to inquire if they have space for your guys until you get the problem rectified. Good Luck
  7. R

Perc Problem

Is There The Possibility That Some Small Granules Of Sand May Have Gotten Attached To The Mucous Coating Of The Fish Making It Look Like Ich? It Could Also Be Oodinium! Just Keep A Close Eye On The Fish. As Mentioned, Acquiring A Cleaner Shrimp Would Be A Good Idea As Well! Keep A Close Eye...
  8. R

Anthias - Need Advice to Make Selection!

They Can Be Tough To Keep! Sounds Like You're Doing Everything Right. Good Luck With Your Additions. Please Keep Us Posted.
  9. R

Odyssea Lighting

Glad To Hear People Piping Up About Products And Their Experiences With Them. Btw Do Not Ever Purchase Any Lighting System From "arcadia", Brutal Service For An Expensive And Poorly Built Lighting System. Take A Look At "orbit", Awesome And Economical!
  10. R

snowstorms

Perhaps Your Calcium Us Exceeding 420 Ppm. This Can Cause Supersaturation And Subsequent Precipitation Of Available Calcium Carbonate. This Sucks The Trace Elements Out Of Your System. Just Lower Your Calcium Levels Via Water Changes And Top Ups With Ro/di Water, And The Problem Will Be...
  11. R

Question about mushrooms, pompom xenia, and zoo's!

To Answer Witful's Question About The Blue Mushrooms, I Believe That They Are "discasoma Coeruleus"; A Variety Of Mushroom That Hail From East Africa. I Found Reference In The "baensch Marine Atlas", Volume #1.
  12. R

How does one accomplish this?

There Is Some Great Literature On This Topic, In Particular, "a Practical Guide To Corals For The Reef Aquarium" By Eric Borneman And Ed Puterbaugh. Also, "corals For The Reef Aquarium, A Quick Reference Guide", By Julian Sprung. These Volumes Will Let You Know Which Corals Are Compatible With...
  13. R

OOOOH What to do? ICK

By The Way Do You Have Any Cleaner Shrimp? In The Past I Thought I Had Ich As Well Simply To Find That It Was Sand Attached To The Slime Of The Fish. If It Had Been Ich, A Cleaner Shrimp Would Have Been All Over It Like Stink On A Monkey!
  14. R

Question about mushrooms, pompom xenia, and zoo's!

Your Blue Mushrooms Appear To Be "discasoma Coeruleus" They Hail From East Africa. Please Refer To The "baensch Marine Atlas #1" Nice Pics! I Also Agree With Witful; Nice Placement. I Simply Keep An Eye On My Corals To See If They Are Liking Where I Have Placed Them. An Important Note...
  15. R

algea bloom

Nice Skimmer! Congrats On Solving Your Algae Issue.
  16. R

Majano anemone and Bubble algae

Joe's Juice For The Majano; Emerald Crabs For The Bubble Algae!
  17. R

Which Tang??

I Agree, Nice Photos! My Favorite Is The Purple Tang. They're A Bargain At Double The Price!
  18. R

Salt Survey

I'm With Roadrunner! Use Reef Crystals And You Will Never Have To Ask This Question Again! It Is More Soluable Than Any Other Salt Mix That I Have Utilized To Date
  19. R

RO/DI unit questions...

Any Location That Will Give You A Minimum Of 70 Psi Is A Good Place To Hook Up To. This Is What Is Required To Properly Force Water Through The Membrane To Remove Minerals Etc.
  20. R

Best [pump for 12 Gallon NC Deluxe

Rio Pumps Are Great, But Kind Of Expensive For What You Get. Take A Look A The 'aquarium Systems' "maxi Jet Pumps. They're Cheaper And Move Alot Of Water.