Search results

1. zoomie61

Burrfish

how cool!!!
  2. zoomie61

A few random things...

definitely PH and lighting need to be adjusted like the others said. 2 very important places to start. =]
  3. zoomie61

New Tank owner

nice tank 20nano! Great rockwork. I wouldn't worry about the haze right now. Your tank is just a baby still. It will all settle down. I wouldn't be surprised if your nitrites rise a bit and the ammonia disappears in a week or so. Your tank might be trying to catch up with the new bio-load...
  4. zoomie61

New Tank owner

welcome 20nano! You seem to have a lot of stock in a new tank, correct? How's your ammonia level? I've seen ammonia cloud a tank and if that's the case, you may be in a bit of an overload. Your little slice of the ocean may be a bit young yet for so much stock. Here's some great info on...
  5. zoomie61

gareefermans reef

beautiful!!!
  6. zoomie61

Life inside my aquapod

nice mandarin. =] Get those majano's before they take off. I had a 14 gal biocube get destroyed by them once. It sucked bad. I lost a bunch of beautiful stuff.
  7. zoomie61

20 Gallon

Welcome Missy! =] how 'bout that pic...
  8. zoomie61

Curled Green Star Polyps?

definitely different! =]
  9. zoomie61

first timer questions

SW Gen Index ostromk45, there's a wealth of info here...check it out. =]
  10. zoomie61

JellyFish

good info Curehead
  11. zoomie61

New reef setup

Good Deal especially with the HQI lighting!
  12. zoomie61

Water inquiry

I agree with steved13. You will be VERY happy you went with LFS water to start with. That way you are getting a healthy start and if problems arise, you aren't going to be saying..."crap...is it because I used the tap water?" Be safe and far happier in the long run. Zo0MiE
  13. zoomie61

pH help PLEASE!!!!!

you said you have really hard water right? I wouldn't be surprised if your Alk. is really high...leading to the high PH (possibly inaccurate reading too). Test your Alk and get that PH down before you add snails. A PH that high isn't really healthy for any tank inhabitants. It will put a lot...
  14. zoomie61

Blue Mushrooms Out of Control

sell 'em. Store credit is always good.
  15. zoomie61

so i have a kenya tree....

scubamattv, supplements are always a topic of discussion. Some believe in them, others depend on what their water changes provide. I personally use SeaChem's Reef Plus twice a week and have had nothing short of explosive coral growth including my Kenya's that bud all the time. Again, that's...
  16. zoomie61

feather dusters and fan worms

I have a yellow tang that destroyed a Hawaiian feather duster once. It ate thru the tube and started to eat the worm
  17. zoomie61

Salt Mix Suggestions

ditto on the Oceanic salt. Beautiful stuff. I also use the B-Ionic 2 part supplement and my calcium and carb. alk. are rock solid and consistent.
  18. zoomie61

Shallow Rimless Build

excellent craftsmanship Frankie! Nice work.