Search results

1. SeaSiren

Question on whats in the well water?

Hi Just a question to see if anyone knew....I was looking at a possible house to rent but, the tests for the well water came back high for Radon. The house has been sitting vacant for the past two years and no one has used the water. I of course am looking further into having the water tested...
  2. SeaSiren

Continuing To Push The Bar Higher!!!!

I just wanted to take another opportunity to say I recieved my 4th or 5th shipment now from iBluewater..and everytime it gets better. This was a very large order of different species of Clownfish Latz, Tomato, Orange/White Occ., Sunkists and rare unique clowns. Angelfish and Seahorses and they...
  3. SeaSiren

SeaSiren wants to start a dwarf seahorse tank!!!

Hi I am taking on the Dwarf seahorse venture I have done alot of research on the subject and have read alot of different things...i have heard that you can keep a small herd in a 5g tank or in a 10g tank....they breed fast and quickly....so i don't want to become overwelmed by them but I love...
  4. SeaSiren

Question on what corals can be kept with Seahorses safely

Hi I am keeping Seahorses and I am in the process of cycling a 29g biocube I know alot about fish...but just learning about corals. I currently have a 14g biocube and I keep some Neon Green Star Polyps, Purple Plume, Purple mushrooms, and a couple Neon green Trumpet coral frags. and one frag...
  5. SeaSiren

Biocube 29gallon question

Hi Just set up a biocube 29g and the person I purchased it from only ran the tank a year but never used the hood he upgraded it to a Sunpod so the lights were never used at all...well I just finished setting it up last night and I checked all the lightiing everything was perfect so I left the...
  6. SeaSiren

Pam's new RED SEA MAX 250D

Hi Everyone Sorry have been gone so long....I had a bad car accident in Feb. and things have been put on hold I have my poor RSM still in its box...but, my clowns are now breeding Yeah!!!! So now I have my hands full and need to make room. I have two community tanks a 90g FOWLR and a 55G...
  7. SeaSiren

Would like to purchace a Blue spot Jawfish

Any reccomendations on where to purchace a healthy bluespot jawfish? and any info I you can share about their care or any suggetions would be appreciated! Thanks
  8. SeaSiren

Picasso with flared gills!

Hi I have 3 Picasso clownfish from Doni Marie they are about 10 months old now! two grade A's and one B! They were all perfect but I noticed in the last few weeks that one of my grade A's has flared gills...when you look at him head on the gills are flared out but he is eating like a pig and...
  9. SeaSiren

Help identifying a strange kind of protozoan in seahorse tank

Hi I have been keeping seahorses for about 3 months now I have a male and female golden yellow H. Erectus and I recently aquried two beautiful H. Redi the Male is Cherry red with white and yellow and black tiny spots truly unique his mate was an almost neon bright red with a little black on...
  10. SeaSiren

Awesome company iBluewater...excellent customer service and beyond healthy fish!

Fire Coral -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Join Date:Nov 2010 Location:CT Posts:63Credit where credit is due!!! iBluewater I just wanted to take a second and talk about my experience with iBluewater and their staff. I have been...
  11. SeaSiren

Credit where credit is due!!! iBluewater

I just wanted to take a second and talk about my experience with iBluewater and their staff. I have been establishing my broodstock for breeding my clowns! I stumbled upon ibluewater here on RS! I have to say I am a hard customer to sell but, their customer service is second to none. I have had...
  12. SeaSiren

Problem with the fans on my JBJ 12g Nano cube

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew what the cause of the fans in the hood of the JBJ nano cube just ceasing to work...the other day I noticed that the lights were on and the fans were not! I fiddled with the fuse in the ballast box on the floor that controls the lighting and when I switched...
  13. SeaSiren

Black saddle backs and their nem just came home!!!!!!!!

:drooool::fishy: I am sooooooo excited I just brought home the most beautiful pair of A. polymus clownfish! They are a gem! I can't wait to post pics I don't want to bother them much tonight because they and their Pacific brown long tentacle anenome are resting up from tranist and transfer! They...
  14. SeaSiren

Marroon clown is it possible to find a mate now!

Hi The one clownfish that I know the least about is the Marroon clown fish! I have had a Sumatran collected clown now for about 3 months purchaced at my LFS. It is about 3 and a half inches long and the yellow bands are very yellow! I noticed that it went from being very bright red to a more...
  15. SeaSiren

Looking for advice on how to select a rare breed of Clownfish

HI I have several pairs of clownfish in my broodstock 5 pairs at the moment and some juvenles that need to grow into themselves...I would like to look into a pair of more exotic clowns to hopefully breed I have hears alot about Latz...does anyone reccomend them as a fish that would be sought...
  16. SeaSiren

Pam's question on battery back up for the Max

Hi everyone thought I would start a new thread for this question its hard to scroll through alot of replies to ask a different question so here goes...I know I need to invest in a generator I have way too much money invested here to loose power and be stirring my tanks with a spoon until the...
  17. SeaSiren

Pam's new RED SEA MAX 250D

Hi!! I just got my new Red Sea Max for Chistmas! I was wondering how I can join the club? I have lots of questions. Namely are my floors going to be able to handle the weight of this tank!!!! When i picked it up from my LFS I didn't realise how much it weighed and that is without any water...
  18. SeaSiren

12 gallon JBJ DX nano cube issues

HI I just aquired a JBJ nano cube from another reefer it has some issues I am hoping to get help with. I have a 14G Oceanic biocube and I love it no issues easy to use on the other hand this cube is much different My issues !. First one of the lights is out so I need a replacement light...
  19. SeaSiren

Questions on a newly aquried JBJ 12G nano cube DX

Hi! I just purchased a used JBJ nano cube but, it was not used for more than 4 months I was told...I hooked everything up and those familiar with this tank know it is different then the Oceanic biocube. I have a 14 gallon and I love it...this tank is a bit different setup I don't have a manual...
  20. SeaSiren

BTA not bouncing back!

Hi I purchased a nice BTA about 3 weeks ago healthy and full...it readily attached to the bottom of my 90 gallons rockwork and at first became an immediate home to a 4.5 inch Clarkii Clownfish but, "Mr. Clarki" went rouge and starting chomping on other fishes fins and turning over rocks...