Search results

1. T

120 Gallon Very Slow Build

Ok so this tank is just in the planning phase right now I don't see it seeing one drop of water for at least 6 months. This is the first tank that I will be doing in what I would consider the correct way, a lot of planning now less mistakes later. I have been looking at equipment and here is the...
  2. T

Planning larger tank

My wife and I are currently in the planning stage of a larger tank than than 36 gallon we currently have. After many trips to the local fish store that we prefer here in Charlotte we really have come to enjoy some of the larger breeds of fish triggers, angels, tangs, etc. Being that I have never...
  3. T

Questions

Hello all. After cycling my 36 gallon bow front I finally have some live additions and have a few questions for anyone willing to answer. It is a fish only system that was originally intended for a lionfish however I purchased one from reefs2go and it died within 8 hours. I enjoy those fish so...
  4. T

Aqua C Remora Pro Protein Skimmer

I just purchased this skimmer (used) today and have had it running for a few hours. The collection cup is currently just filling with clear water which I have dumped about 4 times now. I have moved the cup further away from the bubble column which has slowed the fill but the water remains clear...
  5. T

Online Stocking

Does anyone have sites that they trust for online fish purchases. Would go with liveaquaria.com however the particular lionfish I want is not in stock. It could become available again as my tank cycles but I would like to know what some good alternatives are.
  6. T

Filter

I was told by an employee at a pet store that the filter used for saltwater aquariums needs to turn the volume of the tank over 10 times per hour. Which for the 36 gallon bow front that I am setting up I would need a filter that processes over 300 gallons per hour. This seems rather excessive to...
  7. T

Pufferfish

I am starting a somewhat FOWLR tank in the next few weeks. Even though I will have to wait while cycling happens I am thinking about the livestock for this tank. The curator at the large lfs has informed me that with a dwarf species of lionfish is fine in a tank with hermit crabs and certain...
  8. T

Lionfish Tank

I am very interested in housing just one Radiata Lionfish. I would be interested in hearing suggestions on a setup that would be good for this purpose. Any comprehensive layout of what setup I should have will be much appreciated.