Search results

1. T

120 Gallon Very Slow Build

So strike the bulbs i mentioned above. After doing some research on the site that sells them I have found that they are not to be trusted. In lieu of that option I have decided to add another 60" retrofit with the same kind of bulbs. I think that with the PAR and lumens provided by these two...
  2. T

Today I was looking at possible LED lighting solutions for this tank and came upon this site www.LEDwholesalers.com - High Dimmable PAR38 White + Blue LED Aquarium Reef Corals Grow Light Bulb How many of these bulbs might it take to light a 120 gallon? Any advice would be much appreciated
  3. T

hello all

Welcome poppastash. I am not a veteran here by any means but I'm not wholly new to the hobby either. Don't let your friend get you down it is easy to get discouraged early on in this hobby but you are already doing the right thing you came to a good place for information that will be coming from...
  4. T

90 gallon big enough for an emperor angelfish

Will dwarfs be able to hang with a "reef safe" trigger. Currently I am in between a sargassum, blue throat, or niger. The tank will be 120 though.
  5. T

90 gallon big enough for an emperor angelfish

Which large angels would do well in a 120 gallon?
  6. T

@ PSU4ME I did happen to take a look at the vortech pumps. I agree that really are superior in their design however they are currently out of my price range. Perhaps they can be a future upgrade to have in mind. @Robzilla Thanks Robzilla. My inspiration for building the tank this way came from...
  7. T

Ok so this tank is just in the planning phase right now I don't see it seeing one drop of water for at least 6 months. This is the first tank that I will be doing in what I would consider the correct way, a lot of planning now less mistakes later. I have been looking at equipment and here is the...
  8. T

Planning larger tank

Not at all. The information was much appreciated. The first tank that I did was a 55 gallon that I got a lot of bad advice on before getting much good advice and the translation was a hole in my wallet bigger than I would have ever cared for. Above all I want any fish that I keep to thrive and...
  9. T

Planning larger tank

My wife and I are currently in the planning stage of a larger tank than than 36 gallon we currently have. After many trips to the local fish store that we prefer here in Charlotte we really have come to enjoy some of the larger breeds of fish triggers, angels, tangs, etc. Being that I have never...
  10. T

Aqua C Remora Pro Protein Skimmer

Let me know how it goes with the skimmer. Also how did you feel about your seaclone. I looked into getting one initially but in my research it seemed that they were finicky and prone to overflowing. Luckily I found the Remora on craigslist and got it for $100 even got the cup with the drain fitting.
  11. T

Questions

Yeah I have seen her amazing collection before but I think I might stick to a pair I can get for less than $100. I like the tuxedos and since I do have a lack of coral or lighting to support them (single bright system uses .6w led's) I won't be getting any softies any time soon which leaves my...
  12. T

Questions

Thanks Al. I might still consider a pair of clownfish if they can be happy without an anemone. As far as the lighting is concerned I am considering making the 36 gallon a reef tank when I go larger so than I can have more of a predator set up what would you suggest for reef lighting? Also read...
  13. T

Questions

Hello all. After cycling my 36 gallon bow front I finally have some live additions and have a few questions for anyone willing to answer. It is a fish only system that was originally intended for a lionfish however I purchased one from reefs2go and it died within 8 hours. I enjoy those fish so...
  14. T

This skimmer isn't whisper quiet, however we have our tank in the living room where we sit to watch t.v. and we have not had to adjust the volume of anything we usually watch more than a click or two. The noise doesn't bother me. You will know that it is there and it sounds like waves to me and...
  15. T

Just wanted to give you guys an update on this. I emptied the collection cup one last time when there was clear water in it raised it slightly again and now there is skimmate collecting. Thank you both for the info and the help.
  16. T

Yes it is a strictly hang on back model.
  17. T

I just purchased this skimmer (used) today and have had it running for a few hours. The collection cup is currently just filling with clear water which I have dumped about 4 times now. I have moved the cup further away from the bubble column which has slowed the fill but the water remains clear...
  18. T

Online Stocking

Does anyone have sites that they trust for online fish purchases. Would go with liveaquaria.com however the particular lionfish I want is not in stock. It could become available again as my tank cycles but I would like to know what some good alternatives are.
  19. T

Filter

Ok. So for now I plan to be using a Fluval C4 Hang on back filter rated at 264 gph probably a bio wheel hang on back rated at 100 gph and a small power head.