Search results

1. N

PVC to suport live rock in DSB

The system is up but the tank is empty. I plan to use the DSB method. I know your not suppose to put live sand under the live rock but can I… Fill the tank with 5 inches of regular sand get some 5 inch sections of schedule 40 PVC pipe and press into the sand all the way to the bottom. Place the...
  2. N

Deionization

I have well water and just ordered an RO unit. should I have gotten a RO DI unit instead? what do I need to test for to find out?
  3. N

Pump size for a refuge?

I’m building a 20 gal refuge and was wondering if anybody could recommend a pump (brand and size) I will be using an overflow box. it will be independent and its for a 125.
  4. N

my goal 125 reef

. ultimately I want to upgrade to a reef tank Here is my new FOWLR plan: 20 to 30 inches of coral safe fish with inverts. Over 6-8 months 125gal tank with 6”DSB and 200# of live rock Sump (10x24x13) with 2 250w heaters (one for backup) and live rock Berlin classic skimmer...
  5. N

another guy from Texas

Hi everybody I have had fresh water tanks in my house for 10 years (at the moment a 75, 40, 55 and a pretty little 10). I have decided to make the step toward a reef tank but thought I would start out with a FOWLR and upgrade as I learn more. Now I find myself wanting to get everything I need...