Search results

1. C

Problem with New Xenia

just an update.. it's totally gone :)
  2. C

Problem with New Xenia

Nitrate 20 Nitrite 0 Ammonia 0 PH 8.2 I think the smoke is the JUICE of the xenia :) I hope what BigAl say is true. Btw.. BigAl.. do you really work at Big Al? I bought my Xenia from Big Al. No kidding :)
  3. C

Problem with New Xenia

has anyone got a xenia down to his level, and have it recovered?
  4. C

Problem with New Xenia

Really? How long will it take? And does anyone know what the smoke is?
  5. C

Problem with New Xenia

I've attached the before and after image of the xenia :( Before, already not too happy: Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/3dimg5114yxj After: Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/5timg5139dhj
  6. C

Problem with New Xenia

Hi there, I'm new to coral. After a year with my 55-gallon FOWLR, with a sump with cheato and mangrove, I decided to add a Xenia coral. My nitrate is at about 20ppm, and i heard that it's good for xenia? So i got it, acclimated it for 2 hours, and put it at the top of my tank. There good...
  7. C

Best Anemone! Check this out!

i gotta agree that it does smell. And even after a year in a quarantine tank, the smell never goes away. But you can only smell it when it's outside the tank. No harm has been made to the fish so far :) Out of 3 pairs of clown that have been with that fake anemone, only 1 didn't host it. :)
  8. C

Best Anemone! Check this out!

Not to spoil the fun, but most of you should already know that it is recommended not to keep Anemone at home. Not only that your home Clownfish don't need it, but Anemone just don't really last in your home aquarium. And Anemone will go extinct at this rate. But it's hard for a lot of hobbyists...
  9. C

Phytoplankton Culture

Hello hobbyists :) As an extension to the copepods culture thread, here i'd like to discuss about culturing Phytopankton. There are questions where I can't find solid answers on the net. Basically, most of you guys would know the basic steps to culture phytoplankton. Live culture, bottle...
  10. C

Copepods culture

Hey keithrett, since you top off the jar, does that mean you have no lid on? Your way is actually hassle-less. But how often do you split the culture? Have you ever changed water without splitting? I think i'm gonna attempt both. The jar and the big tank method. :)
  11. C

Copepods culture

Hey guys, can you let me know whether you guys use fresh clean water, or tank water? And to: keithrett Do you have air bubbling in that jar? Thanks! :)
  12. C

Yellow Watchmen NOT Yellow?

Don't worry about it PM. When I moved my YWG from my 30 to my 55, the same thing happened the first 2 nights. Then it was good again. It was actually much whiter. It happened ago recently after a i added lots of new live rocks and tankmates. It's back to normal after 2 days. So I think it's...
  13. C

Firefish food?

Just to to say that, I have a yellow watchman goby and a red firefish goby. They both eat my OmegaOne flakes and i'm very happy about this :) Once in a while, i'd feed frozen mysis and bloodworm. And they love it. Furthermore, I got my firefish from a Chinese place, where they only...
  14. C

Copepods culture

Hi there :) Thanks for your answer. And thanks for welcoming, it felt weird at first, cause I'm actually not that new. I've always been using this forum haha, just never really posted, except this time that I can't seem to find the answer. Wow, i c.. so you change culture. That sounds like...
  15. C

Copepods culture

I'm trying to culture copepods in a separate tank. I've googled about this for days, but there are still little questions here and there of which that i cant' find the answer. Instructions normally state to use a tank, half filled, with some air, right temperature range then fill it with...