Search results

1. Flreefkid88

Tank break down,items for sale

My brother n law and I were talking earlier and he wants to break down his 15 gallon ( he works full time and goes to school at nights and doesn't have time for it anymore ). He isn't on the forums,so I figured I'd post the stuff for him.. Locations-Sanford,Fl Items for sale: Current...
  2. Flreefkid88

Maxspect led chips

You and me both. I feel pretty comfortable saying that the fixture I'm sure he's referring too doesn't use either of those brands. Most likely Chinese poobox less that'll burn out within a year or Bridgelux which aren't horrible but they're obviously not CREE's. Maxspect also uses SIBDI leds and...
  3. Flreefkid88

Maxspect led chips

If you could,could you send the link ? I've heard a lot about that sure,and see it when looking for fixtures just never trusted it enough to look around on it.
  4. Flreefkid88

Maxspect led chips

You're right,I just may,but in my case seeming the project I'm looking into is going to be for a nano tank. Around 2-5 gallons. The only lights that come in around the price range I'm going for,would be Reef radiance,and honestly.. Those are insanely over kill for anything less than a 10-15...
  5. Flreefkid88

Maxspect led chips

From my understanding,the fixture is ran off of meanwell drivers. I could be completely wrong,but I don't see a problem with using them in a DIY light project. I tried copying and pasting a picture I screen shotted from their website (maxspect's ) but it won't let me paste it.
  6. Flreefkid88

Maxspect led chips

Yeah,the light is pretty modular. They even sell the lense's for them as well,its just a matter of what freaking driver youd have to use to control/power these leds. I highly dount you could run a meanwell,but honestly I dont see why not though.
  7. Flreefkid88

Maxspect led chips

http://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-mazarra-led-chips They have solder pads like other leds,just have a square board instead of a star. I wouldnt see why not either,besides the price is higher.
  8. Flreefkid88

Maxspect led chips

I was looking around online,and ran across maxspects led chips. They have a huge selection of different spectrums,and I was wondering if you could get away with using them in a DIY set up ( I highly doubt it ) but was curious. I know it'd void whatever warranty they came with. The solder pads...
  9. Flreefkid88

Best led option...

So I was a little intoxicated the other night derimming my 2.5 gallon.. And I strong armed it rushing an cracked it down the side panel,it's not too bad I but some silicone ( a super thick layer ) on the inside and outside of it,but still don't feel comfortable setting it up.. So I have a...
  10. Flreefkid88

Kevin's little 5 gallon pico

This thing is down right amazing !!! I'm loving how much you managed to fit into the 5 gallon !!! Did you ever add the sps frags ?
  11. Flreefkid88

Sumpless 20g SPS Build

Any updates on this thing ?!
  12. Flreefkid88

LedGroupBuy led's

I went to their contact us on their website and it take you to some business website. Same with their Facebook and everything else. I went to NR and message them with no response. That I do know,but I wanted to go solderless and they don't wen have the wire in stock,nor on the site...
  13. Flreefkid88

LedGroupBuy led's

That's my fault,I didn't state what size the tank was lol. I'm actually emailing back an forth with mike of rapidled as we speak. I think he's going to set me up with 3 3ups from the triple puck light,which features 1 blue,1 royal blue and 1 white with the connectors an lenses for only $10 each...
  14. Flreefkid88

LedGroupBuy led's

Not so muh suggestions,just help on how to set up a light from ledgroupbuy correctly. I was going to look into reef radiance,but their lights would be a huge over kill for my 2.5 gallon lol
  15. Flreefkid88

LedGroupBuy led's

I decided to scratch all my other ideas an just go with a simple DIY led build after going back an forth on what I really wanted to do with my lighting.. I saw ledgroupbuy has 3up led's with 2 RB and a white combo,which I like te idea of. I've been searching an cannot find a 3up with a...
  16. Flreefkid88

Par30 questions..

I was just looking at their website th other day. They really are one of the only ones who put par numbers up,besides I think maybe one other website which I can't even remember the name of lol. Thanks for the info man. I appreciate it.
  17. Flreefkid88

Par30 questions..

From what Boostled's website states,their par30's produce 400-440 par @ 12" and 280-320 @ 16" so I'm assuming I should be good on par. I'm not trying to keep any higher end SPS just almost every birdsnest I can get my hands on,I love those things. I've had good luck with those in the past...
  18. Flreefkid88

Par30 questions..

So I'm about to pick up 2 par30's with goosenecks from a guy off of NR locally one for my 2.5 gallon shallow build ( mean time build until I get settled into a bigger house ) and maybe the other one on my brother n laws 10 tank.. One is 3 RB,1 NW,1 CW & the other is 2 RB,1 Blue,1 CW an 1 NW...
  19. Flreefkid88

Acan Led's

Yeah,I've seen those jbj lights. They are nice,they are still like $300+ !!! I just found out this morning too,that I have to move out of the house I'm renting,so the build I was doing is going to have to be put on hold for a little... Pretty unfortunate to say the least. I have a 2.5 gallon I...
  20. Flreefkid88

Acan Led's

I found a link for a EverGrow led fixture on eBay,and happened to stumble across this fixture. Though I'm always skeptical of eBay,and it Proclaims to use 3w bridgelux led's,1 year warranty an is full spectrum for only $102... What do you guys think ...