Search results

1. Mekanik

Are Black Brittle Starfish Reef Safe?

your first hitchhiker ! I don't know if he will do any damage but I have had a small starfish in my tank before as well. I never saw him do any damage.. he was eaten by one of my fish eventually.
  2. Mekanik

My lone baby maroon clown

cute lil guy !
  3. Mekanik

Clownfish Spawning Questions Any Advice Appreciated?????

what is/are NHBBS? Thanks !
  4. Mekanik

noob

looks good - welcome !:fishy2:
  5. Mekanik

maroon clown eggs

I will look at the other posts also - I have seen pictures of the tile but is it any specific type? white? I have two Maroon clowns practicing as well. I would definitly have to pull them or the tile quickly from my main tank.
  6. Mekanik

what to do with waste water?

zero waste water would be a major breakthrough... the filter linked does not say R/O so I would not risk using unfortunately. Interesting topic! I bet Wal-Mart does not save their waste water. I do a 25 gallon change on my 240 every week... may be more than necessary? :hammerhea
  7. Mekanik

Suspending rock from above.

very cool :0 - now that is a great reason to build a home from scratch, so I can have a behind the wall aquarium room!
  8. Mekanik

Blue Linckia Sea Star... EATING????

very interesting - I always wondered the same.. never had a linkia live very long here either. Off and on have seen the small algae eating stars here too. Thanks for the pictures and posting
  9. Mekanik

The 200+ Club

Roger that I will do that.. I appreciate the tips. You know you are right I do not have enough coral and rock to cover the 240 yet so i put it mostly in the middle 6 ft, until I can afford to spend the 1.5k or so to upgrade my lighting. Some fish do like the darker places. :wave:
  10. Mekanik

Group RS Discount?

will do - Thanks! I have spent a few hours on here and have not seen that ;)
  11. Mekanik

Raising Hippocampus erectus (seahorses)!

That is so cool - amaZing even ! makes me want a horse... Giddyup!
  12. Mekanik

Group RS Discount?

Has anyone or a group gotten together to order or obtain a standing discount to a retail or possibly even a wholesale distributor or fish/inverts/corals? Do our advertisers discount to us? as a group how large are we? leverage :whip:
  13. Mekanik

New Mushrooms Question

My mushrooms tend to spread the most in a lower, darker place that way they have to spread to gain light...less flow is better imho. I am not a Marine Biologist :confused:
  14. Mekanik

Who wants to ID the "Pink Blob"?

My vote = mushroom also :bouncer:
  15. Mekanik

The 200+ Club

I have laughed out loud at quite a few comments - funny' I recently took my 150 and traded for a 240 myself. It was a 8 hour plus project for 2-3 of us. I definitly need better/more lighting I just stacked everything important in the six foot area my old 6 foot lights covered. I just can't...
  16. Mekanik

LED Lights - ?? to LED or not to LED??

What is the consensus? do you believe LED's have the same wavelength? do they produce a similar quality? heat is lower, cost to run is lower, is there a unit out that is practical yet for reef tankers? I will check other posts as well. Thanks for the input and feedback.
  17. Mekanik

Noob

Thanks for the welcome...looking forward to learning!
  18. Mekanik

Noob

Hello all' I have enjoyed browsing Reef Sanctuary and decided I must join. My sig has most of my tank info. I will also post a pic or two. I am from Dallas, live in NW DFW, I have lived in Florida and the NW. I have had fish since I was a kid. I love to scuba diving, enjoy motorcycles, cars...