Search results

1. Wayne23uk

carbon in freshwater tank

Hi everyone I thinking of putting carbon or chemi-pure elite in my tank as I'm having problems with yellow water due to my bogwood even after soaking anybody day got any recommendations on which is best to go for I'm also in the UK so some produce can be hard to get
  2. Wayne23uk

Freshwater test kits

Hello has anyone got any advise on which brand of freshwater test kits are best to use please I'm currently using tetra but they can be hard to read Thanks Wayne
  3. Wayne23uk

WP25 in RSM 130

Has anyone got a WP25 in their Red Sea 130 if so how are you doing with it? Thanks Wayne
  4. Wayne23uk

Coral vitamins & amino acids

I'm just coming to the end of my Red Sea reef energy A&B is this the best product for vitamins and amino acids or are there better/cheaper and just as good ones
  5. Wayne23uk

Wayne's RSM130

Finally decided to do a tank thread, I bough this tank from a friend at work after his wife told him it was never clean enough as he always had brown hair algea (he never did any water test) anyway i got a bargin £300 with rock and fish cleared the algea in a week with some rowa phos and it was...
  6. Wayne23uk

RSM 130 aquarays

Has anybody done or seen anybody put the aquaray tiles or beams into the standard good instead of the compact T5s without having to cut the hood up?
  7. Wayne23uk

rock and sand cleaners

What is the best way to keep my rock and sand bed clean in my RSM130 I currently have some nassarius snails and cerith snails.
  8. Wayne23uk

RSM130 cooling fans

Are there any better hood cooling fans out there I've heard someone use computer fans in the past any recommendations
  9. Wayne23uk

wave makers

Looking for some advise on wave makers looking at one for my RSM130 any recommendations? Thanks Wayne
  10. Wayne23uk

Carbon recommendation

Which activated carbon would you recommend Thanks Wayne
  11. Wayne23uk

RSM 130 lighting problem

Having problems having my lights turn on they just flicker on and straight back off and make a clicking noise any common faults with these or any ideas?
  12. Wayne23uk

tunze 9002 stopped

My skimmed has stopped working any ideas what it could be
  13. Wayne23uk

Ozone Generator?

Has anyone every put a Ozon generator in a RSM130 is it possible with pics if you can and dose it work?
  14. Wayne23uk

Tunze Magnet

Looking to move my skimmer from the media baskets so its easier to change media dose anyone know the best place to get a good magnet from to attach it through the back glass? Thanks Wayne
  15. Wayne23uk

Alk testing

Which Alk test kit do you use or recommend currently got a Salifert one which is nearly used up, been looking at the new red sea one and coral shop's as well. thanks Wayne
  16. Wayne23uk

KH test kits

Which are the good and the bad KH test kits need a new one soon dont want to be getting a bad one thanks
  17. Wayne23uk

which fish?

Im looking at getting a new fish tomorrow for my red sea max 130 which has only got a royal gramma and a common clown in im looking at these fish please leave your recommendations: Midas Blenny Sunrise, Orchid, Sankey's or Neon Dottyback Bicolour Blenny Bristletooth tang or rabbitfish...
  18. Wayne23uk

Red sea max130 filters using media rack

I am currently using half the black filter sponge on the top shelf that came with the tank, 2nd self 2 pads of JBL nitrate filter down each side and JBL phosphate bag in the middle if them followed by carbon on the bottom shelf. As you can tell me flow is being reduced with all these just...
  19. Wayne23uk

Nitrate Test Kit

I am using the Red Sea Nitrate test kit but i always get a different colour than the chart i always seem to get a blue colour anyone have any ideas?
  20. Wayne23uk

Good CUC?

6 x spiny astrea /> 4 x hawaii hermits 1 x mithrax crab 1 x true peppermint shrimp 6 x tonga nassarius 10 x cibanarius hermits to go with current?