Search results

1. M

Spots on Kole Tang

I just got a Kole tang from my lfs two days ago. He looked good and I didnt see any spots on the fish. However, when I got him home I noticed two white spots on his side fins, also possibly one on his fin under his tail. I,m not really sure if they are ich or not. To me, they look too large...
  2. M

Need to up my PH

I have been battling dinoflagelates for about a month now with just water changes and siphoning. I have read that uping my PH to about 8.6 for a few weeks will help to eliminate the dino's. Considering begining to drip kalk to raise PH. Just looking into any other ideas, or if this may be the...
  3. M

Leathers and lps

I posted a similar thread in the begginner saltwater forum but, I thought I would ask on here as well. I have a 65 gallon reef with a 20 gallon sump. I have mostly softies and a few lps frags that I have aquired along the way. I have read that leathers and lps don't mix. The saltwater club...
  4. M

Toadstools vs. LPS

I have had a reef set up for about 9 months now with mostly softies but, I do have a few lps frags that I have aquired along the way. Now that my confidence has grown a little, I would like to begin to switch over to some lps and maybe even some sps. I have read many places that you cannot...