Search results

1. ricohorton

best overflow box

cannot drill tempered glass:columbo: i DIY'd my refugium though. so i will be using an overflow box.:square:
  2. ricohorton

best overflow box

thank you for the link.:thumbup:
  3. ricohorton

best overflow box

thats why i was thinking of the one that looks like a cpr. it has the aqualift line for controlling any air that develops in the U tube. yours looks setup real nice. i already have an aqualift pump so that would work great.
  4. ricohorton

best overflow box

well i definitely want a quiet box so where is link to gurgle buster?
  5. ricohorton

best overflow box

thx for all the response. i have not looked at the eshopps and nor have i looked at lifereef so i will check those out as well. oh and tempered glass. can't drill it.
  6. ricohorton

best overflow box

i am considering a couple overflow boxes and would like some input. first i am looking for something that is quiet and second one that works well should the power go out. both the ones i am thinking of i saw on ebay for comparable price. this one claims to be the quietest box out there but am...
  7. ricohorton

Refuge

Tony this is how i did my diy fuge. went to my local plastic store and had them cut to fit the baffles for my 20 long. i glued the baffles in with GE silicone. cut egg crate for macro screen and presto a fuge is born.
  8. ricohorton

Is This A Good Light

i say yes to the t5 lights. should get better color with t5. just my 2 cents.
  9. ricohorton

Is This A Good Light

i would go for the t5. i think you will get better color out of the t5 bulbs plus the added blue moons.
  10. Odyssea T5 with Blue Moon lights 48"

Odyssea T5 with Blue Moon lights 48"

Picked up the lights on Ebay. Nice price and i like the way i know i'll be able to tilt them up to work on the tank once the tank is all finished.
  11. ricohorton

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllp! seems to me when you added the live rock any die off drastically changed the parameters of the tanks chemistry. ammonia and nitrates may have shot up but test results would be needed to confirm. algae take over is always a good indicator when high...
  12. ricohorton

October 2010 POTM VOTING!

very nice pics.
  13. reef tank allmost there

reef tank allmost there

Tank, Lights, Refugium. all thats left is to add the skimmer and live rock.
  14. DIY Refugium

DIY Refugium

Refugium completed. i must say it it turned out well to my liking.
  15. Building the Refugium

Building the Refugium

20 gallon long Aqueon refugium. Filter sock four inch with holder. Black plastic baffles yet to be glued in. so far it is beginning to look good.
  16. Beginning of my Reef 55

Beginning of my Reef 55

Tank glass 55 gallon given to me for free along with the metal stand. i sprayed the stand with ProX-rust paint. the sump tank i bought at Petco for $20. The filter sock holder i ordered off Ebay. This is the beginning of my reef. Next the lighting setup and Skimmer. SWC 120 or 160 Cone skimmer...
  17. Beginning of my Reef 55

Beginning of my Reef 55

Tank glass 55 gallon given to me for free along with the metal stand. i sprayed the stand with ProX-rust paint. the sump tank i bought at Petco for $20. The filter sock holder i ordered off Ebay. This is the begging if my reef. Next the lighting setup and Skimmer. SWC 120 or 160 Cone skimmer to...
  18. ricohorton

New

greetings peeps just getting back into the reef setup. working on setting up a 55g long glass with a refugium sump.