Search results

1. yellcarp

yellcarp

2. A

FS: 6" Red Carpet!

I have 2 and 1 yellow. Going for more of the SPS and do not want a "wonderer" in the tank. Its a split from about 5 months back. Funny story, playing cards with another reefer and well I won lol.
  3. A

FS: 6" Red Carpet!

Asking $135 shipped!! Overnight UPS with heat pack and insulated Styrofoam box.
  4. DSC_0095

DSC_0095

5. A

FS, RGBTA Split

Red-Rose with Green Bubble Tip Anemone. 4 split this year. Picture during split. With shipping $140.00 with in the states. Size is 2 when closed! Will have heat pack included. Might be on a rock or loose for safer shipping.
  6. A

sps flow option...

I have a wave maker with 2 powerheads hooked up... But thinking if it would be better for sps to have steady flow than cycle back 'n' forth....
  7. A

Best way to test Magnesium

I see 2 test kits out there Tropic Marin Magnesium and salifert. Which do you use or another way to check?
  8. A

Going for SPS tank...sump question

You can not use mechanical filtration as an example for collection film D. Are you saying Live rock is a mechanical filter? Plastic is like a magnet when it comes to collection of film. Stephen Spotte's book Captive Seawater FIshes is most based from fish only setups in which you are going to...
  9. A

or I just leave the rock in the sump and add some cheato and a light than remove the sock. I will have just the Skimmer, GFO, Carbon running with in the sump.
  10. A

I'm kind of looking at the LR in the sump idea now as to only trap waist. For part of that reason I would assume there is enough flow going onto the LR to make sure nothing is trapped. As far as deplete oxygen... the only idea I can think of is since LR has Good Bacteria on it.... Its only...
  11. A

ok.. So would than it be best to move the LR into the 20 refugium? Would I be able to keep a MH over it and not worry about LR causing issues? Does anyone else have frags in a refugium if not touching the micro-algae?
  12. A

I do think films will not have the chance to start since the water flowing from the canister and skimmer's return will be right over the rocks. Also no light will be on the LR as well.
  13. A

I have a 20 gal setup with a gravity effect allowing from a hose, water to go into the 20 gal than I drilled a hole in its side to than go over the live rocks in the sump. The 20 gal is 3/4 for frags and the other part is divided for a refugium. Have 1" sand for right now it the 20. (tons of...
  14. A

Coral ID please

big hairy mushroom?
  15. A

I have a 30 gal sump. (65 gal main) From the overflow going down into the sump. (outtake) 1st, I have 1 filter sock, 1 canister filter with just GFO and Carbon in separate layers/shelfs built in the canister. And last 20lbs of live rock. 2nd, section is the skimmer that I have blowing...