Search results

1. ClintRSM130

New Clowns

Last night I went out and purchases 3 clown fish, Fancy Ocillarius actually. No one had a mate so I got 2 females and a male. They are still adjusting to life in the new tank but for some reason three clown fish just doesn't look right to me. I was told by a friend of mine the male will pair...
  2. ClintRSM130

Calcium off the charts

I seem to be making really weird mistakes with my first salt tank. I have been cycling for about 3 weeks now and am starting to get a nice algae growth. I've been looking forward to putting a pair of maroon clowns in. So I went to do a full chemistry on the tank and low behold my Ca is through...
  3. ClintRSM130

Apitasia

I'm helping a professor out with his neglected salt tank. He's got an awful apitasia problem. We just took it over and we tried peppermint shrimp but low and behold he has a clan of killer brittle stars waiting to eat them. I was hoping for some good suggestions on how to get rid of them. We've...
  4. ClintRSM130

Clowns as a first addition

I'm still cycling my tank but I am starting to plan towards my first fish to start adding bio mass to my tank. I don't like damsels, I prefer to start with a clown cause there heartier than most. The pet store has a gorgeous mated pair of maroons. I know there aggressive but how aggressive...
  5. ClintRSM130

A Lot of Ca

I'm in the process of cycling a 34 gal tank. I started it with R/O water and have been working to get my tank going. I used a supplement block and a little purple up by carib sea. Upon checking my tank yesterday I was over 700 ppm in my Ca. I don't have any fish so I can't hurt them. I do have...
  6. ClintRSM130

Red Sea Hybrid Tank

Hi, first post in pipefish and seahorses. i'm currently cycling a 34 gallon red sea. I have a good amount of base rock (25lbs.). I was wondering if I could do some coral on the rock and some macroalgae and be able to safely house sea horses. My tank is cycling like I said so it won't be for a...
  7. ClintRSM130

RSM130 Where do I go from here

my name is Clint and I'm just getting going on my first salt tank. I got a 130 RSM from the owner of the pet store i work at for $210.00! It was second hand but nothing was really wrong with it. I have gotten 40 lbs of live sand in and 30 lbs of dry base. I did all of this last fri. and tossed...