Search results

1. R

Current USA SunDial HQI Pendant 1x150W $150

heres the link to my ebay. 150 watt HQI metal halide sundial pendant - eBay (item 180639576262 end time Mar-17-11 14:30:07 PDT)
  2. R

asm g1 skimmer/sedra 2500 $70

heres the link to ebay, hope you win. : ) asm g1 protein skimmer/sedra 2500 - eBay (item 180638133598 end time Mar-13-11 17:44:44 PDT)
  3. R

250w Hamilton ReefStar HQI Pendant

what size tank are you puting it on?
  4. R

fs/ft.150 watt mh sundial pendant

the pendant is in great shape 3 week old 14k phoenix 2x pc actinics Hanging Cable System the pendant has individual timers built in, one for the m looking for a 6 or 8 bulb t5 fixture 36'' or 48'' $200 obo im building a 75g reef thats why i have no use for it anymore. i had the light...
  5. R

t5 4 bulb combo?

just wondering what bulbs you guys are running on a 4 bulb t5 fixture.
  6. R

Whats your skimmer? Pros? Cons?

for the lighting, current usa on ebay always has amazing deals on t5 and mh fixtures. OuterOrbit HQI/T5HO 48" 2x150w 10K HQI Model # 1072B - eBay (item 280593833855 end time Nov-30-10 15:02:38 PST)
  7. R

Looking for advice on this sump...

hey, thats a wet/dry filter. what size tank and what livestock do you have or will you have?
  8. R

i need a good skimmer pump..

thanks!! and hopefully ill visit some lfs's and see whats happening in colorado.
  9. R

i will post pics after the holiday. im leaving for colorado tomarrow morning and wont be home. i was just doing a little research and i think the nipple adapter to the airline from the pump is a bit small on mine and im gona drill it a little bigger to get more air. i will post the befor and...
  10. R

only a couple mounths old.
  11. R

10 gallon nano questions

i actually had my 130 watt 24'' coralife pc fixture on my 10g and everything was fine..no bleaching or anything, successfully kept a crocea under the light. the light was always warm but never affected the water temp. if your interested im selling it for $65 shipped and comes with mounting...
  12. R

fighting with the skimmer

how long have you had the sweet lips, yellow tang and false clown. there probably isnt any organics/proteins for the skimmer to react to. like Glampka said, cant take out whats not there.
  13. R

im going to see if i can get a pinwheel impeller that will replace my needle wheel in my sedra 2500 and see if that reduces the size of the bubbles. any suggestions where i can find a replacement pinwheel for my sedra 2500
  14. R

im gona try borring out the nipple on the sedra where airline connects to so it will take in a little more air.If that doesnt work then im gona experiment with an impeller mod.
  15. R

Another Skimmer Recommendation Thread

if i were you i would get the biggest skimmer that works with your budget and build the sump/refugium around the skimmer. just remember you cant over skim a tank and the faster you can remove the proteins from the water the better especially when you have a full reef tank
  16. R

Another Skimmer Recommendation Thread

i would go with a skimmer from reefdynamics. my cousins has the ins80 and it worked great on his 90g Standard In-Sump Protein Skimmers here a link if you skeptical on the buy.. YouTube - LA Fishguys, Episode 88 pt 5, Protein Skimmer, Jeff Macare Reef Dynamics i would watch all the...
  17. R

diy skimmer

yah you can make a skimmer out of pretty much anything and for cheap. i was thinking about doing a diy just to dee how it does next to my asm skimmer. you should post some pics of yours!!!
  18. R

im curently running a asm g1 skimmer with a rio 1100 and cant seem to get any nice fine microbubbles. i had a sedra 2500 on it with the needlewheel impeller and the microbubbles werent that fine eather. im looking for a good pump/impeller that will give me some micro fine bubbles. any...
  19. R

diy skimmer

this is a pretty cool diy skimmer i came across. im probably gona try it out for fun. DIY Protein Skimmer
  20. R

ASM skimmer

if your gona change the pump just make sure its a pin or needle wheel. i think pin wheels are better, seams to get finer bubbles