Search results

1. T

Shelled-like slug/worm thing

Looks like a Vermetid snail. Mystery solved!
  2. T

Shelled-like slug/worm thing

Hey all, I've known about this anomaly for a while but today was the first time I saw its head moving. I don't have a picture yet but I'll post one asap. This pest isn't mobile it seems. It has a hard shell thats dark brown/red but at one end the shell opens up to what looks like the head of a...
  3. T

Aqualifter trouble

And here's a more clear picture on how the aqua lifter is supposed to sit.
  4. T

Aqualifter trouble

I'll have to take pictures of it to really explain the overflow. Basically it hang on the backside of the glass tank and the aqua lifter's intake hose attaches to a plastic check-valve type of piece. From there the plastic piece attaches to a small hole on the top of the black overflow box. The...
  5. T

Aqualifter trouble

That's exactly what I was thinking, the aqualifter only regulates 3 gallons per hour (something like that) while the other pump is much much more. I just can't seem to figure out I can't get the system to start. I've checked the hoses and there doesn't seem to be any blockages, I can blow air...
  6. T

Aqualifter trouble

Hi guys, I just took over a 75 gallon reef tank with a hang on back overflow box and an aqualifter. The original aqualifter she had finally stopped working the day we transported the tank to my place. So I picked up a new aqualifter and set it up. When I turn it on I can't see the water falling...
  7. T

Best Calcium Measurement Tools?

Hey guys, I have a duncan coral, a zoa colony, a tree coral, and some candy canes and I'm wondering what calcium tester you all have had the most accurate readings with. I have the API calcium test kit but I find there's a little too much room for speculation as to how many drops it took to turn...
  8. T

Maxi Jet Pro 400

So my Koralia powerhead broke and I decided to try the Marineland Maxi Jet Pro 400 as a circulation pump. One thing I've noticed is that its extremely loud in my tank. I've tried different positions and I tinkered with the impeller to see if maybe it wasn't sitting right but its still extremely...
  9. T

JBJ 12 Gallon Nano Cube

Hey all, My girlfriend picked up a 12 gallon JBJ Nano Cube that was built in 2008. She got it for $20 and everything works, and it includes a brand new coralife 24 watt bulb. There's quite a bit of coraline algae built up on the front of the glass tank. Whats the best way to remove the algae...
  10. T

Lawnmower Blenny

Have any of you lawnmower blenny keepers noticed the waste produced from them? I'm pretty sure its my lawnmower blenny that's leaving these green burritos behind in the sand... I clean the tank, the sand looks great, and then the next day there's a few green burrito looking things lying out in...
  11. T

T5 busted?

Thanks BigAl, btw, I saw you have a 10g setup and read your chronicle about it, what is the flow in your tank? I put a Hydor Koralia in my 20 long, its dead silent and does a pretty good job of keeping a steady water current. I aimed mine at one of the pieces of LR to keep the current from going...
  12. T

T5 busted?

Hey guys, I have a month old Coralife dual T5 fixture with month old bulbs in it and all of a sudden when I go to turn it on it flashes on once and then off and never turns back on. Are my bulbs not working or is it something internal like the starter? I've heard of this happening to regular T8...
  13. T

Water flow

So I keep reading water flow requirements on different soft corals and polyps and they don't specify what low, medium, and strong currents are. My 20 long tank is cycling 525 gallons an hour. What then, would my tank's current be labeled? And any suggestions on some soft corals or polyps...
  14. T

Greetings!

Hello everyone! I'm new to saltwater fish keeping and I have a couple questions. I've kept freshwater aquariums successfully before and am interested in keeping corals and inverts in the marine realm now. I have a 20 gallon long with a coralife T-5 hood that houses two 39 watt bulbs. First...