Search results

1. M

skimmer suggestions for 90 gal.

Thanks for the input guys!
  2. M

skimmer suggestions for 90 gal.

Any suggestions from anyone concerning their reccomendation on a reasonably priced skimmer that will handle a 90 gal. tank?
  3. M

return pump suggestions for 90 gal

thank you as always....more pics to come, i am real exited about it...
  4. M

Live Rock help

Thanks Wit! I should have my cabinet finished by the weekend, then next week get the live sand and get started....check out my photos under the "return pump suggestions on a 90 gal tank". what do you think about the rock....do you think it retained in bacteria after 5 months?
  5. M

thanks wood....I will try again with my cabinet....what do you think of the rocks? do I use them as base rocks? how much live rock to purchase?
  6. M

apparently, I did it wwrong...my lack of computer experience...lol
  7. M

I hope i posted these right Wood. these are the photos showing the tank, sump, writing on the return pump, skimmer and reef rocks out of the tank. I am almost finished with construction of my stand and I will post a photo of that as well
  8. Picture_004

Picture_004

9. Picture_003

Picture_003

10. Picture_002

Picture_002

11. Picture_001

Picture_001

tank
  12. M

Image Resizing instructions

Thanks a lot guys, I will now try and upload some
  13. M

Thanks Boom and Wood, I will refer to this email as a reference. This tank was set up with 2 large pumps in the sump...1 for return, 1 for skimmer. I tried to post a photo but it exceeded the limit when up loading (how can I post photos?). there are 3 powerhead pumps without hoses that I presume...
  14. M

p.s. Wood...is it adviseable to have a spare return pump in case one goes down?...how reliable are these pumps....does that happen...how to keep stock alive until you can order a pump if you dont have a spare?
  15. M

Is the Aqua 2600 in the main tank and used for circulation? and the other is in the sump I assume. My sump will be approxmately 4' from the top of the tank so that is 4' of 'head" correct? There are 3 powerheads that go inside the tank. the one I can read is a Maxi jet 1200 with 295 gph....I...
  16. M

Live Rock help

Hey Wood!! When Katrina hit, the stand went under water, so this week I have been constructing a DIY stand for it to sit on. That will be finished today. One of the pumps with the equipment I purchased doesnt work and I guess I need to replace it. I cant tell from the pump itself what kind...
  17. M

Live Rock help

As long as this has been out of the water, would this now be considered "dead" or "base" rock?...would I need to buy some live rock to get it seeded?
  18. M

can someone suggest what return pump to buy (GPH) that would be adequate in terms of water flowfor a 90 gal tank.
  19. M

LFS locator

thanks travis!
  20. M

LFS locator

I am trying to find the nearest LFS for suppies, etc. the only ones in my area deal with fresh water. Is there a central location I can go to look up one dealing in saltwater and reefs in my area?