Search results

1. theDeedo

leopard spot rabbitfish

Just got this little guy last night. I dont have a picture of it myself but I am posting a link of the best picture I could find that represents him well. He is a neat fish, and likes to change colors and camoflauge himself against the rocks. Gold Spotted Rabbitfish - Siganus punctatus I...
  2. theDeedo

calurpra munchers

Anyone here ever had a Sailfin, or Naso Tang eat calurpra(sp)?
  3. theDeedo

detaching coral matting

So I am trying to frag all the zoas in my tank, and I have to work quick because zoas usally grow on an encrusting mat. So I am trying to do it while they are still on their plugs, but I have 3 colonys that seem to have attached themselfs to rock. Not to bad though, if I tug on it I am sure it...
  4. theDeedo

Melanurus Wrasse

Has anyone kept these? will it eat my shrimp or other inverts in my tank?
  5. theDeedo

Chalice trouble?

I have a huckleberry watermelon chalice. I think its a beautiful piece, but the outer edge going around the chalice is discolored. Its a blue chalice and it looks like the outer edges are sort of brown. At first I thought it was because of it growing, but It seems like the discoloration is...
  6. theDeedo

mushroom kick

I am currently on a mushroom kick. I have a big cliff area in my tank that I want to completly cover in beautiful and rare mushrooms. Anyone know of a link or someone specializing in large selections of mushrooms? I am looking for all kinds. I see mushrooms here and there on different...
  7. theDeedo

few questions and thoughts on plankton

planktons can be a rather confusing subject for people who have never kept or dealt with them, yet it can be very benifical if not manditory for your tanks and inhabitants. So I figured I would pose a few questions that I am curious about as well. 1) If I have a fuge ment for macro and...
  8. theDeedo

How soon is too soon?

I am still in the process of seeding my reef tank. Anyone who has seeded a fairly large reef tank with alot of LR, knows it takes quite a few frags to get it going. Its alot easier to get mother colonys and do it that way, but a whole lot pricer to. My question is this...I have alot of frags...
  9. theDeedo

candycanes & trumpets

Anyone ever keep these two in close proximity with each other?
  10. theDeedo

Skunk cleaner shrimp molted!....again

so I come home today thinking my skunk cleaner shrimp had multiplied. I seen his shell still attached to a rock moving with the current. and him underneath my skimmer box. He/she just molted about a month ago, so I was thrown a little off. Is this normal for skunk cleaner shrimp to molt alot?
  11. theDeedo

macro eating fish

So somehow I have a bunch of macro algae growing in my tank and its starting to take over. I try and trim it but its is growing quickly. Any suggestions of fish that munch on macros? The macro looks like the grape capulara (sp?) but just the leaves, no little balls attatched.
  12. theDeedo

Pondering on a CBB, other's experience needed

I am pondering and researching getting a Copperbanded Butterfly. I have apistasia growing rather rapidly and would like to decimate the population. I was thinking of getting a nudi to take care of them, but I also think the CBB is a beautiful fish. I am curious what other people who have owned...
  13. theDeedo

Rasing SW feeder fish for preditor fish

I have a 55gal refugium for my main DT that has nothing in it except marco algae and LR. I would like to put a single preditor fish in it, one that I can not have in my reef tank. Before I start scouting around for what type of preditor fish I want (lion, puffer, scorp etc etc) I would like to...
  14. theDeedo

mysis or brine cultivation?

I have a 10gal aquarium just sitting at home, so I decided to put some saltwater sand and rubble in it and start cycling and setting it up just in case I needed a hospital or emergency QT. But I would like to possibly set it up to breed some mysis, brine, or other food supply. I heard if you...
  15. theDeedo

super glue - in tank

What do I need to look for in super glue, before using it to glue something in my tank? is super glue generaly safe to use in tanks, or is a certain kind suggested?
  16. theDeedo

serpent vs brittle

I would like to eventually get a star for my tank. I have a little research to do before getting one though. Figured I would start here. So my first question (obviously) is what is the differences in serpent stars and brittle stars. I would like to have a reef safe star, and a detrius eater...
  17. theDeedo

Sand stirring

So I just added about 125+ of live sand to my 55gal refugium I am setting up. Needless to say its a pretty deep sandbed, but I am feeding the fuge into my main DT, so I dont want the "old tank syndrome" taking place if that sand sits there undisturbed for a period of time, and then nuking my...
  18. theDeedo

yellow headed sleeper goby's diet

I recently purchased a yellow headed sleeper goby to keep my sand stirred and looking good. It has done a fantastic job of this, My sand bed has never looked better. I know it eats fauna, and was curious on what to feed it after the fauna has been depleted. What do you guys tend to feed yours?
  19. theDeedo

touched by acans

Let me first say that I think acans are some of the most beautiful corals there are. They can really make a reef tank "POP". There are so many different and rare color schemes that I see and would love to have. I would do a whole acan dominiated tank if I could. But If I was to obtain more...
  20. theDeedo

My 110gal DT 55gal fuge set up in progress

Figured I would share a few pics of my set up as it is today. Its still a work in progress so keep that in mind. My 110gal reef tank has been up and running for several months. I am still setting up the 55gal as a fuge so I know its an eyesore for now. I appologize for the shawty...