Search results

1. R

Roving Clam

Hi guys, Went to a frag swap this weekend and got a bunch of stuff. Unfortnately on the drive back I think some got cooked so I lost some frags and got damage to some (Lost a birds nest and sunset monti :maddown:) Also beautiful orange scoly and sun polybs got a little bleached but I think...
  2. R

Bristleworms and Bristlestars

Hello everyone, I am having major problems with these pests. I have pulled out so many bristleworms it is ridiculous, some as many as 8 inches long. Is there anyway to control these things, I saw another one last night that was like 10 inches long and I see them all over the rock, these...
  3. R

Scolymia eating hermit?

The scolymia has been eating this hermit for like two days. At first I thought it was something growing out. Is this normal, should I take it out?
  4. R

Hydrogen Peroxide, the ultimate algae killer

I love aquariums but algae is the bane of my existence. I have a RSM 130 with extensive mods and to be honest I almost gave up the hobby. No matter what I did I could never get the algae to die. I tried water changes, live stock route (2 lettuce slugs, one is now huge, bali monster (sea...
  5. R

What the hell is this thing?!!!!

Hi all, I have a RSM 130 which I have extensively modified. Have a lot of corals in the tank, and I walk by at night and I see this DAMN SEA MONSTER in my tank. I think I remember months ago reading about some nasty thing that this look a hell of a lot like. I got lucky because I snagged it...
  6. R

The oddessy

Been absolutely crazy past couple of days. Received my upgrades of a reefkeeper lite plus, ATI powermodule and a few other things. it has not been easy has I have had problems with everything and to top it off, my computer crashed really bad. Anyway need some advice and will post pics...
  7. R

Best additives

Can you guys tell me what additives you put in your tank. I am sure calcium, iodine and strontium. Can you recommend what you guys use? Thanks
  8. R

ReefKeeper Lite L3 for RSM 130

Just purchased an ATI Powermodule Dimmable 6X24 fixtures. :woohoo: Got about a 15% discount because the manual dimmer was damaged in shipping to Reefgeek from Germany. I wanted to get a controller anyway so I think this is the best one for the money. APEX is just too damn expensive. Do...
  9. R

Lighting Upgrade ATI T5s or LED

So I decided I am going to upgrade the lighting :woohoo: and am having a real tough time deciding between ATI Dimmable Powermodule 6x24 watts (reefgeek recomended 8, but that will just cook the tank) or LEDs. There are some good Cree LED modules. Here has been the differences: ATI T5s...
  10. R

Tank Pictures, Some of Eggs?, Aiptasia

Hi everyone, here is some new tank shots. Have two questions though. First the white spots on the back and glass. I have no idea what they are. They are not moving and have been there for a couple of days. They stick to the glass and have to be either scraped off with the magfloat or my...
  11. R

Tunze 9002 and media rack

Just installed 9002 with Stevie's media rack. The top piece of the media rack, the small green piece though has broken before I put it in the tank. I do not know if it shipped like that or not so I cannot in good conscious ask for a replacement. But the plastic on the tunze seems really...
  12. R

RSM 130 Up Since August 25

Hi guys, I downsized from a 90 gallon to an RSM 130 in August and basically put new live rock in. Currently running well I believe. Planned Mods are 2 or 3 strips of LED lighting in the stock hood. I did not want to go to Metal Halide because I did not want to put a chiller in. But my...
  13. R

RSM Mod Lighting Dream?

I would love to add some LED lighting to the tank for some shimmer effect and better color. But I really want to keep the stock hood. I think I found a dream solution in these led lights by Current. They seem perfect for the hood. TrueLumen LED Strips | Current What's Next Anyone...