Search results

1. R

Roving Clam

Hi guys, Went to a frag swap this weekend and got a bunch of stuff. Unfortnately on the drive back I think some got cooked so I lost some frags and got damage to some (Lost a birds nest and sunset monti :maddown:) Also beautiful orange scoly and sun polybs got a little bleached but I think...
  2. R

Tunze 9002 does not seem to be working

Agreed, the tunze body is built horrible. Also be careful with the waterlevel, if it changes a little bit in the tank, it really affects performance of the skimmer. That has been my biggest problem. Especially if you do not change the filter floss, or the purigen/chemipure when they are...
  3. R

Bristleworms and Bristlestars

With regards to the feeding, it is only twice a week, once daytime fish flake, and one night time mysis for the benefit of the Scoloymia.
  4. R

Bristleworms and Bristlestars

Hello everyone, I am having major problems with these pests. I have pulled out so many bristleworms it is ridiculous, some as many as 8 inches long. Is there anyway to control these things, I saw another one last night that was like 10 inches long and I see them all over the rock, these...
  5. R

Red Sea MAX 130 water level

When the CPE or purigen gets clogged or the bag does not sit right in the media rack, it backs everything up and limits flow. I use the skinny purigen bags because the wider they are they tend to restrict flow
  6. R

Scolymia eating hermit?

The scolymia has been eating this hermit for like two days. At first I thought it was something growing out. Is this normal, should I take it out?
  7. R

Hydrogen Peroxide, the ultimate algae killer

I love aquariums but algae is the bane of my existence. I have a RSM 130 with extensive mods and to be honest I almost gave up the hobby. No matter what I did I could never get the algae to die. I tried water changes, live stock route (2 lettuce slugs, one is now huge, bali monster (sea...
  8. R

Additional Powerhead for RSM130 on limited budget!!??

i have the koralia nano, seems fine to me
  9. R

What the hell is this thing?!!!!

Ok caught the second worm, he is now freezing to death outside. I really think these are fireworms. He was hanging out by my blue maxima clam. What do you think?
  10. R

130, really feeding about every other day that bad?
  11. R

Do these things eat algae? Because I have an algae bloom for the past month that is finally getting under control. I dont feed much at all though, only 2 cubes, 3-4 a week for 5 fish. Don't understand how I have 2 of these monsters.
  12. R

DEFINITELY WILL NOT!!! If this is a fireworm, they are atleast 6 inches, does anything eat them? I am afraid they are like rats, see one, there are 10 you don't see.
  13. R

These worms gotta be atleast 6 to 8 inches
  14. R

Update: Just found another one hiding under a rock, this is either a fire or bristle worm. I am really worried about this.
  15. R

Hi all, I have a RSM 130 which I have extensively modified. Have a lot of corals in the tank, and I walk by at night and I see this DAMN SEA MONSTER in my tank. I think I remember months ago reading about some nasty thing that this look a hell of a lot like. I got lucky because I snagged it...
  16. R

The oddessy

Been absolutely crazy past couple of days. Received my upgrades of a reefkeeper lite plus, ATI powermodule and a few other things. it has not been easy has I have had problems with everything and to top it off, my computer crashed really bad. Anyway need some advice and will post pics...
  17. R

Best additives

Can you guys tell me what additives you put in your tank. I am sure calcium, iodine and strontium. Can you recommend what you guys use? Thanks
  18. R

ReefKeeper Lite L3 for RSM 130

Thanks for the advice, I think going to stick with stock heater and hope to get by.
  19. R

ReefKeeper Lite L3 for RSM 130

Just purchased an ATI Powermodule Dimmable 6X24 fixtures. :woohoo: Got about a 15% discount because the manual dimmer was damaged in shipping to Reefgeek from Germany. I wanted to get a controller anyway so I think this is the best one for the money. APEX is just too damn expensive. Do...
  20. R

Lighting Upgrade ATI T5s or LED

So I decided I am going to upgrade the lighting :woohoo: and am having a real tough time deciding between ATI Dimmable Powermodule 6x24 watts (reefgeek recomended 8, but that will just cook the tank) or LEDs. There are some good Cree LED modules. Here has been the differences: ATI T5s...