Search results

1. EmagdniM

Tunze Osmolator 3155 Water Level Regulation System with Magnetic Bracket - 175$

I have a lightly used Tunze Osmolator 3155 auto top off system for sale. I used it for approximately 3 months, then shut down and sold my tank due to a move. I held this with the hopes of starting a new tank soon, but dont think I have time for it right now...so here ya go! Thanks for looking...
  2. EmagdniM

55 Gallon Drilled Tank w/ hardwood stand and hood - NW Chicago

55 Gallon Drilled Aquarium w/ Beautiful Cherry Tank Stand/Hood Thanks for looking!
  3. EmagdniM

SUPER CHEAP Corals/livestock for sale - Breaking Down Tank - Chicago Area

Im moving at the end of the month and rather than risk killing all of my livestock in the cold weather move, Id rather just sell off what little I have cheap and start over after I get situated. So, heres what I have to get rid of, everthing is healthy and in great condition. Assorted...
  4. EmagdniM

Worm ID

Hey, sorry I dont have a pic but Ive found a worm I didnt know about in my reef. He kinda looks like a long bristle worm. Ive seen him strech to over 2-3". The only thing is he has 4 long white whiskers on his face...any idea? Ill try to pull him and get a pic, but figured Id ask here first in...
  5. EmagdniM

Ricordea ID

Hey, I just got this frag from my LFS. Just curious if theres a specific name for it. Hes kinda purple with orange highlights spread through. Thanks,
  6. EmagdniM

2 ID's Needed Por Favor!

Was looking around the tank tonight and noticed this guy in the corner! I have no idea how he got in there. The most recent thing Ive added were a few turbo snails to aid in my never ending fight against hair algae. I think its some type of urchin. Is he safe to have in there? Also...
  7. EmagdniM

Few ID's needed

Hey guys/gals, jus curoious if anyone could tell me what these are I have on my rock. The pinkish round guy on top is number 1, no idea what he could be but I like him a lot. Will he grow/spread? #2 would be the clear stringy looking things near the middle. Sorry the pic isnt great. They almost...
  8. EmagdniM

Starfish split in 2!

Thought this was pretty cool. I was cleaning out some of my Chaeto and noticed this guy down on the bottom. The other half disappeared before I got my cam, but I caught the one half and another full one thats crawlin around in there.
  9. EmagdniM

Dosing Question

Ok, so I just started adding my calc, mag and alk additives after a few months of letting things go just on salt. I got the tank going good, but now its getting about time to do a water change and I have a question. I know when Im dosing my tank to drip calc, mag and alk separately and a few...
  10. EmagdniM

Sun Coral in fuge?

I just took in a neglected sun coral from a friend and Ima try to get him back healthy. Could I put him in the fuge so feeding would be easier? Id hate having to move the hood every other day to get in and feed him. Will he eat pods or other stuff in there? If so, will he eat enough to make a...
  11. EmagdniM

New sump/fuge setup complete!

Well, finally got rid of the crappy trickle filter that came with the tank and put in a new sump/fuge combo. Thanks to everyone that submitted feedback when I first joined here...definitely helped out a lot with the whole process. So yea, here it is. I used two 10 gallon tanks being...
  12. EmagdniM

4x65w VHO setup w/ballast

Replaced with T5's so I no longer need. Im looking to get $50 plus shipping. Works great, just needs bulbs. The ballast has a loose nut bouncing around inside...doesnt affect performance at all so I never tried to open it up and get it out. Anyways, let me know if you want it.
  13. EmagdniM

Tek Retro Kit Install - How to (Dial-up beware)

So being my search for helpful directions turned up empty, I thought Id take pics along the way and show how I installed my 48" Sunlight Supply TEK retro kit. Minus a few headaches along the way, it was pretty easy. I will say I was not pleased I had to run to the store for screws, zip ties and...
  14. EmagdniM

New guy seeks sump/fuge advice

Whats up everyone, nice site! Im somewhat new to the saltwater world, I recently bought a used 55gal tank about a month ago and have been in the process of fixing the issues that came with the livestock...mainly, the green hair algae that was all over the rocks. I ended up getting a reef cleaner...