Search results

1. map95003

Sump Pump pit & detention basin

Hi All, I know it's not reef related....just looking for input from anyone with experience in this area...thanks We're looking to purchase a new (6yr old) home. The subdivision has a shared detention basin/pond on the property we're interested in. The builder is currently responsibility for...
  2. map95003

Considering getting rid of the tank

We're selling our home and most likely building a new home....that process will take 4-6 months and we'll probably end up renting while building our home so I'm thinking the best thing to do is sell the entire setup and maybe someday setup another tank from scratch. Here's a pic I took today and...
  3. map95003

Customizing a standard 180

With my tank being in-wall, I'm finding it hard to justify the cost of a custom rimless tank for my upgrade and I want to go a bit bigger than the 125 I recently purchased. However, I would like my next tank to be clean with a hidden overflow, and I would like the overflow to be on one side of...
  4. map95003

Adding Anthias to my DT - ??

Thinking about adding some anthias (~5) to my 75g DT (total volume ~110). I don't know much about them but I like their colors, I know they need multiple feedings daily and I know they are not the easiest of fish to keep. Looking to add some more colors to my tank so yellows, pinks, reds...combo...
  5. map95003

T5HO / LED combo ?

One of my Workhorse5 electronic ballasts that's running my T5HO lighting burnt out so 2 of my 6 bulbs are out. Is this the "opportunity" to build a LED/T5 combo setup or do I just replace the bad ballast and call it a day?? Last year I started researching LEDs, I even build the pico vase...
  6. map95003

My Pico-Vase project

I was getting a bit bored with my tank and needed a project. I was thinking of building an LED lighting system to replace my current T5 setup, but I'm still reading a lot of mixed reviews on LEDs...so I decided to test them out on a much smaller scale. I always wanted to build one of those...
  7. map95003

My Mixed Reef Aquarium - Updated Pics

I posted some of these in the "meet and greet" forum, thought I'd post some here...
  8. map95003

Hello - new here

Hi everyone, just joined this forum. Looks like you guys got a lot of good stuff going on here. My current system is a 2 yr old 75g mixed reef w/ 55g sump/fuge/dsb