Search results

1. map95003

My Mixed Reef Aquarium - Updated Pics

Thank you. Not sure where I'm going with this one yet....but I am being reminded the hard way how expensive our hobby is, especially when starting from scratch. The last time I started with nothing was about ~16 yrs ago.
  2. map95003

Thanks everyone. While settling into our new home, I came across a great deal on a new 180 tank with corner overflows. It will be a while before I'm able to get everything I need to start from scratch....but I'm back in the game, not sure where I'm going with this tank but I will be keeping it...
  3. map95003

Well it's been almost a month since I left the tank behind with the new owners of our home. I do think of it from time to time but don't miss it as much as I thought I would, probably because we're so busy making the new home our own and I'm so busy with work. With all the packing I forgot to...
  4. map95003

Thanks everyone. I hope they take care of it too...
  5. map95003

RS Members Full Tank Shots

Ok, I'll show-off my tank one last time while I still own it...
  6. map95003

Well after about ~15 yrs in the saltwater/reefing hobby, I think I'm calling it quits. Turning the tank (and our home) over to it's new owners soon. When I got into the hobby yrs ago, there weren't much on-line help, I've made lots of mistakes but I've also learned a lot. I'm a member on a few...
  7. map95003

Sump Pump pit & detention basin

Thanks for the reply Matt. Yeah they do look cool and a habitat for wildlife, I was just concerned with the liabilities. The one that's on the property we're looking at is a "detention pond", the difference is that it slowly drains into the sewer system and stays dry or with a low water level...
  8. map95003

Thanks for the reply. I've learned quite a bit about these detention basins within the last few days. I went knocking on doors in the development to talk to other residents, the pit has high water level because there isn't a sump pump installed. All the other homes that don't have a sump...
  9. map95003

Hi All, I know it's not reef related....just looking for input from anyone with experience in this area...thanks We're looking to purchase a new (6yr old) home. The subdivision has a shared detention basin/pond on the property we're interested in. The builder is currently responsibility for...
  10. map95003

Considering getting rid of the tank

I was talking to my wife about the tank....she think we should keep it, I can't say no to that right? :) Unless it was a great offer, I don't think I would have been able to give it up anyway. So now I can't wait to sell our house....anyone willing to buy our house so I can get started on my...
  11. map95003

My Anemone's Foot tore Off!

I currently have 7 BTAs in my system, mine split at least once or twice a year. If they are not happy, it's a sign something is wrong in the system. Some of these questions have already been asked but the answers are needed to help you. What are the readings of your parms (temp, SG, Nitrates...
  12. map95003

Thanks guys. Yeah, I know Matt's right, after all it's a hobby, it's not like we're in this to make a killing, but instead of selling it dirt cheap I would prefer to give it to someone that's really into the hobby and just can't afford all the stuff but would take care of it. Last time I left...
  13. map95003

:laughroll I hear you Matt. I know exactly what you're talking about. Over the ~13 yrs I've been into this, I've moved tanks multiple times. I've never really lost much in a move and I'm confident (if it's all up to me) I wouldn't loose much if I move the tank, just not sure I want to deal...
  14. map95003

Yeah, I know if I sell it, it would be some low ball deal, that's the main reason I didn't want to sell it. But it might be easier than moving it multiple times.
  15. map95003

I was thinking about that....but if I ever rebuild, I'm going way bigger so most of my current equipment wouldn't work anyway.
  16. map95003

We're selling our home and most likely building a new home....that process will take 4-6 months and we'll probably end up renting while building our home so I'm thinking the best thing to do is sell the entire setup and maybe someday setup another tank from scratch. Here's a pic I took today and...
  17. map95003

Blue tang in a small box.

My "Dori" needs a friend. I'm thinking of adding a "Nemo"...
  18. map95003

Thanks. Where r u located? Let me know when you will be in the area Thanks Matt Thanks. It's up for sale, with a catch....you have to buy my house to get the tank :)
  19. map95003

Skimming or Refugium, Skimming or refugium......

I would recommend getting a skimmer rated for 2x (or close to 2x) your water volume. I could only give you examples based on skimmers I've tried. For the price, build and performance I like the ReefOcto extreme. I know the ASM G series skimmers are old-school, but for the price, quality and...
  20. map95003

Now it's time for my 8 week water change.....if I shut down the system it will be sticking out the water during that time which probably isn't a big issue. luckily I designed my sump/plumbing so I can do a WC without shutting down the system.