Search results

1. fish247marc

Pepermint shrimp eat Xenia?

Hi I have a xenia that has the color of an aptasia, I am planning on getting some pepermint shrimp and I was wondering if they will harm my xenia due to it's wavyness, color, and polyps, that may resemble an aptasia. Please help, Thanks.
  2. fish247marc

Nitrates?????

I'v got a filter made for a 120 gallon tank, with two filter pads, bio balls, charcohl, and a u.v. filter. I replace the charcoal, and pads every 4 weeks. I also have a hang on skimer box that works effectively.
  3. fish247marc

Nitrates?????

thanks guys, for a second opinion just to make sure, do you think 1 cube is to much for 1 yellow tang, 2 clown fish, 3 blue yellow tailed damsels, 1 fire fish, 1 yellow watchman goby, and 2 pajama cardinals, + about 10 crabs. I am thinking i'll do 12 gallon changes every week instead though.
  4. fish247marc

Nitrates?????

ok so i've been wanting some shrimp for my tank, but my nitrates are around 80. so iv'e been doing an 8 gallon water change from my 44 gallon tank every week. I feed 1 cube of brine per day, sinking peletts for crabs like every 3 weeks, and phyto plankton to my corlas every tuesday. I can't seem...
  5. fish247marc

Shrimps!!!

thx guys
  6. fish247marc

Shrimps!!!

thanx guys, i can't wait to go get my shrimp!!
  7. fish247marc

Shrimps!!!

Hey, i wanted to get a yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair. Then i decided i should get some shrimp too. Will the pistol shrimp, blood red shrimp, cleaner shrimp, and pepermint shrimp get along?
  8. fish247marc

Fraging glue

Hey, i was just about to frag a couple of corals, does any boudy know if elmers stix all is coral safe. thanks.
  9. fish247marc

Did my Porceline Crab Get Eaten?????

If you have lots of rocks it could be hiding to molt it's shell, that or it got eaten by the clown. I had a cleaner shrimp, and it died because, it tried molting but it's shell was not soft enough, so if you get another one try adding more supplements of iodine, maybe the same thing happened to...
  10. fish247marc

how fast do finger leathers grow

thanks the sit had some good info
  11. fish247marc

Setting up hospial/qt

for water changes in your tank you should only have to remove 4 galons or 20% of your water every 2 weeks.
  12. fish247marc

thank you, and i plan on taking a photo each day to record growth rates.
  13. fish247marc

Yes, i have metal halide lighting, the leather is right under it, ph is 8.2, specific gravity 1.026, it has a medium current flow running by it, and my nitrates and nitrites are good, the coral is already in good condition. so what conditions do they grow best in i guess is a better question.
  14. fish247marc

Hey i just fragged my finger leather and i was just wondering how fast they grow, does any one know of any high speed growth videos or any thing?
  15. fish247marc

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

beautiful, and good job puting this journal to gether it is inspiring
  16. fish247marc

Ghetto 85 Gallon Long

woh this site is so inspiring, i wish i could do all of this but i can't im 13.
  17. fish247marc

Reefkeeping Dangers

thanks alot now my parents thing tanks are to dangerous and want me to take a whole bunch of dumb precautions
  18. fish247marc

Myth Busters! fact? or fiction?

no, doubt. most of the chemicals that you buy at the stores are way to expensive even if they do work.
  19. fish247marc

Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

Hi I'm marc and i am addicted at a young age im only13 and i'm hooked!!! I t all began at christmass, i got a 10 fresh water tank and with in a couple months i had it mastered. so my ich for another tank over threw me i went and got a 44 gal salt reef tank and love it!!! I want another tank but...
  20. fish247marc

Reefmack's RSM 130

nice tank, never talk your self into thinking it isn't and that its a waste of money, it's butiful, you should be very proud.