Search results

1. saltydog51

happy new years

good morning, i just wanted to say happy new years hope this year is better,boy just think a whole new year to buy more corals and aquarium stuff lol,enjoy your day and remember family fisrt then reefing haha.
  2. saltydog51

ro/di water temp

Hello everyone,Happy Holidays! i got a barracuda 200gpd ro/di unit for christmas,and since i live buffalo,ny the water temps get pretty cold this time of year,i was wondering if i use warmer water by adjusting the water temp via the faucet and with a thremoneter then run it through the unit.I...
  3. saltydog51

aquafx 200gpd ro/di unit

good morning everyone and happy holidays to all.ok i got my ro/di as a x-mas present,hooked it up.at first i had the water presure from faucet way to high alot of back presure psi gauge read 60psi,so i turned the down still the same the reading on gauge 60psi.the faucet is old and leaks and the...
  4. saltydog51

part id

hello, i was wondreing if anybody could help me out help. i have a odyssea water pump wp-1000 and im trying to find what i think they call the part the impeller shaft holder i looked online but had no luck or im not just looking in the right place for the part.
  5. saltydog51

algae

Hi,i have a 75 gal reef,parms are good,water changes every week 15gals,clean up crew over 110+assorted snails.my problem is i have algae with air bubbles on it.it was on the over flow box now on front of glass.i switched over from t-5s to led's and thought that the white lights where on to long...
  6. saltydog51

algea

well as i stated in a earlier thread i was having a problem with algea do to the fact i switched lights from t-5s to led's and leaving the white lights on to long so i cut back on how long the white lights where on and it seems to be helping.i was thinking of getting a clean up crew,maybe 50...
  7. saltydog51

algae

hi ,i was wondering if u guys could solve this riddle.i switched from t-5' s to leds they are the same wattage 216watts and the white lights where on 5 hrs. aday with the t-5's and the blue lights 11 hrs.now with the leds the white lights where on from 10:30am amd were set to start at 25% and...
  8. saltydog51

yellow tang

I bought a yelloow tang last night and brought it home everything was fine,i went in te basement to get something and my wife said the coral beauty angle fish is picking on the yt and to my amazement he was bulling him.i had the c b a 4 three plus yrs. and did research on yt to see if it woulb...
  9. saltydog51

led lights pics

hey guys,hows everyone doing good i hope,well i bought a new led light and wanted to post some pics of it in the led light equipment forum but it did'nt come out.can anybody help me out please
  10. saltydog51

led light

well as i posted earlier i was upgrading my t-5s to leds so i went with the x-series sd-card intelligent remote contrller led aquarium light.216-watts 72 3watt cool white,actinic blu eand monn lights.dusk to dawn features,28 day lunar cycle for the moon lights.purchased them from orange county...
  11. saltydog51

led lightsHi

Hi just a short question has anyone delt with orange conty reef,i was thinging of buying there ocreef x series cree led aquarium light 48inch 216watts/san disk card dusk to dawn fixture.
  12. saltydog51

returing fish to lfs

Well as i posted earlier i got hte nerve up and took my fish to the lfs.sal-fin tang,blue hippo tang,fox face rabbit fish,majestic angel.he gave in store credit so i picked up some much needed supplies and some snails.i tell you what a time i had getting them out of the tank.not easy task.i had...
  13. saltydog51

upgrading to ledsHi

Hi, I was thinking of buying blueline 150watt phatom dimmable 5 color led fixture w/wireless remote control led lights and what u guys think about these lights,good or bad.or does anybody have any suggestions.i know it depends on what i have going in the tank but i like imput and ideas.
  14. saltydog51

up date on tank going in wrong direction

Well i last posted that my 75 gal was 'nt going in the right path that i intended.due to the fact that i had to many large fish in the tank.some of the fish are coral eaters so i could'nt the nice corals that i wanted.so i finally got up the nerve to go back to the lfs where i purchased them...
  15. saltydog51

deep blue clarity all-in-one uv sterilizer 18watts

I have a problem,my uv sterilizer bulb blew out and i was told by my lfs and seacorals.com that the is replaceable but when i took it apart hte bulb is sealed right in the unit.I was wondering if anyone has any info on these untis.Do i need to replace the unit with just the bulb in it.I sent an...
  16. saltydog51

tank going in the wrong direction

hi, i haven't posted in long time so now i need some advise.ok so three years ago i got into saltwater fish with my son and we made some mistake's along the way,not to mention a tank crash,nitrate problems and poor fidh choice's.so after all this we stuck with it and learned alot thank's to reef...
  17. saltydog51

red grouper

my red grouper is causing havac in my 75gal reef he's eating my smaller fish in tank.royal gramma gone,2 bumble bee chromis gone and my poor sleeper gouby today.saw it in his mouth nothing i could do but watch in amazement.well got to wait till he finishes him off and comes out to eat and catch...
  18. saltydog51

29gal bio-cube/lighting

hello everbody,i bought my son a29 gal bio-cube for his birthday in febuary,we purchased a royal gramma,black-white clown fish.I bought him some corals they are doing fine but i think they need a brighter light,can i upgrade the lites in the tank? if so what would be a better bulb.
  19. saltydog51

29 biocube requirments

i will be setting up a size 29 biocube,and was wondering what i will need(how many lbs. of lr,ls,protien skimmer).
  20. saltydog51

sea matts

what are they ? Anybody have any pics or know of any web site i can look at some pics? if u r wondering why i asked these i'm bored this morning,LOL.:bluemad: