Search results

1. akrkwood

Dwarf Lionfish Question

I am interested in getting a dwarf Lionfish for a new 30 gal that I have recently set up. I am in no hurry to add the fish (it will likely be the only fish in the tank) as the tank is currently cycling. I would like to know if anyone has kept any of the dwarf lions (or even better more than...
  2. akrkwood

Coral ID please?

I bought two zoanthid frags today and realized that what I thought was just the dark end of the rock is actually a coral. I believe it is a button coral but I wanted to get the opinion of someone who ACTUALLY knows what they're talking about. Thanks. Aaron
  3. akrkwood

Pearly Jawfish compatibility

I currently have a Pearly (Yellowheaded) Jawfish in our 29 gal nanocube and would like to know if anyone has any experience keeping a watchman/shrimp goby with one. My wife and I were considering a Blackray Shrimp Goby/Candy shrimp pair but I have read conflicting information that said they are...
  4. akrkwood

'Pods and CUC question

My 24 gal Nano Cube has been setup for a week and a half. LFS did a water test this past Monday and it was about 2/3 of the way through the cycle. I assume that by tomorrow (Friday) my nitrites should be down to zero. If that is the case I am planning to purchase my CUC (there's a good bit of...
  5. akrkwood

Looks like some sort of coral?

Just set up a 24 gal Nano Cube and two hermit crabs have joined my tank already. There are also these (one I'm pretty sure is a feather duster worm):
  6. akrkwood

Need suggestion before adding fish, please :D

Hello all I have a 24 gal Nano Cube that is currently cycling. I used mostly dry rock so it will be a while still before I add fish. I plan to keep corals as well as fish. What I'm looking for is a fish that features a lot of blue or purple, who is not aggressive, and can be housed in my 24...
  7. akrkwood

First Reef

Hi everyone. My name is Aaron and I'm addicting to keeping fish. LOL Perhaps not but I am super excited about starting my first reef tank. I have kept freshwater, freshwater planted, and FOWLR tanks before. I'm currently cycling a 24 gal Nano Cube that has 20 pounds of dry base rock, 10...