Search results

1. J

Long Tip Anemone

Today I picked up a Long Tip Anemone for my 180 and my 2 maroon clowns are biting the tips off the anemone. Has anybody ever seen this?
  2. J

92 Corner

Hi all, my last tank was about 2 years ago. I had to take the tank down because me and my family moved. We moved into a house that needed work so for the sake of the tank I sold everything as a package deal. After many improvements to the new house I am ready to purchase another tank. The best...
  3. J

LED's

So I decided to take the plunge and drop $1100.00 on 3 sets of Blueline LED's for my 125 I am currently running T5's which I have been running for about 10 months now and am very happy with. I spent a few hours working on the stands for the LED's and about $50.00 in material. Well needless to...
  4. J

Ridunkulous

This is crazy, this is the biggest tank I have ever seen in someone's house. Check It Out YouTube - How to Pimp Out a Saltwater Tank
  5. J

Oceanic 1/4HP Chiller

Hi I am selling my Oceanic 1/4HP Chiller, only used for 1 month (Looks Brand New) I paid 800 FREE SHIPPING!!!!!. MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. J

Scratches

Does anyone know of a product that can get light scratches out of the inside of the glass with water in the tank. The scratches are low and I didn't want to drain the whole tank to buff out.
  7. J

Life Reef

Hi All, having a custom sump built by Jeff over at Life Reef, just wondering if anyone is running one his sumps and how they like it..
  8. J

Algone

I just bought a Phosban Reactor for my 125. I added Rowaphos for now but my lfs had recomended adding Algone as well. Just wondering if anyone used that product before or felt as though it was neccessary to add. Thanks
  9. J

Yellow Tang

I have a Yellow Tang in my 125 for about 2 1/2 months now. He has always done well eating, picking, swimming around casually. For the past few weeks he would just sit in the center bottom of the tank and starting flashing around. He would still eat but after eating right back to flashing, no...
  10. J

Flow

Is 4 Koralia's at 1400gph and 2 mag8's as return pumps overkill for flow in a 125..
  11. J

White Spots on Glass

My 125 has been up for almost 3 months now. I keep getting these white spots on the front glass. They look like tiny snowflakes, I thought they were pods but they aren't moving at all. They wipe right off, I called a lfs and they said it was calcium deposits from some kind of creature. He had no...
  12. J

Wavemaker

I was considering purchasing a Red Sea Wavemaker Pro for the 4 Powerheads I have in my tank. Just wondering how many use wavemakers and if they feel they are worth the investment..Thanks
  13. J

Whats your opinion

About 2 1/2 months ago I setup my 125G reef. I dealt with a lfs for the the equipment and rock. I kept bringing my water in to get checked and about 5 weeks into my water was ready to start adding fish. I deal with the owner of the lfs for all purchases. He had stated that I could put as many...
  14. J

Rid Ich

I have a 125 and my fish are all loaded with Ich. Has anyone ever used Rid Ich. Is this product effective? Will it hurt my corals? If this treatment is not recomended can anyone recomend a good product to use..Thanks
  15. J

Skimmer Breakin

My tank has been up and running for about a month now. Just wondering how long it takes everything to break in on average, skimmer, pumps, etc.
  16. J

Filter Media

I have been fighting an on going battle with micro bubbles in the tank. I am trying to run the tank with no socks, no blue sponges, nothing at all. Just wondering how many people run socks and blue sponges to catch debris. I have been told that you want to try and run the tank without any media...
  17. J

Sump/Fuge

I have a 125 reef and am looking to switch out the sump I am currently running now with another one. I was looking for some opinions on the best off the shelf sump/fuge on the market. Any input would be appreciated.
  18. J

Filters

I am just starting to setup a 125 and I just removed my filter socks from my sump. I replaced it with another 30 lbs of live rock. As I stated in a previous post, I am having some issues with micro-bubbles, I added the live to try and baffle the bubbles to a minimum. It's helping but I am still...
  19. J

New 125 Gallon

Hi all I setup my 125 on 7-21-10 I had purchased 180 lbs of live rock from the lfs. The rock was not cured it was still in the box. The tank is still cycling, my question is I have 3 socks in the sump that eliminate bubbles in the tank. The socks came with the sump. Lfs store recomends not...