Search results

1. rdwilson91

Downgrading to a shallow aquarium!

Hello everyone, just in time for Passover, I'm staring a cleaning and declutterring project by downgrading my 29 gallon hell hole to a shallow 20L. I love the look of 20Ls, and even though my tank looks awful, all the the livestock is extremely healthy. I have a couple of SPS that are growing...
  2. rdwilson91

Rusty's 29

I'm having an outbreak of cyano and GHA. My fuge is taking care of this and the spreading has slowed down greatly, so now I'm trying to get rid of what's left. Livestock includes a fuzzy lion (that I affectionately refer to as B*tcht*ts after it ate a firefish I bought that was bigger than...
  3. rdwilson91

Starting a desktop planted

Yes... I purchased a 1 gallon glass vase, some firey red gravel, a few hydrophyte tubers, and will be adding cherry shrimp once things mature. After maintaining a small reef for a few months, the simplicity of freshwater and the fact that it costs pennies to maintain has been calling my name...
  4. rdwilson91

Xenon refugium lighting

hello reefers, I'm setting up a sump/fuge to grow macro and mushroom frags. A very trusted man at my LFS told me that caulerpa will grow under any light with a 6,700 temp or greater, and I wanted to try a 20w xenon light from home depot. Has anyone heard about using xenon for macro? There isn't...
  5. rdwilson91

Parasite on mushroom coral

One polyp of my mushroom colony has small (1-2mm across) red dots that have one black stripe dividing them. I can't get a decent picture since my best camera is a 2 megapixel camera phone. I thought at first that they were part of the coral, but when I noticed that the spots are in a different...
  6. rdwilson91

Possible Aiptasia

Hi everyone- I've been keeping marine fish and inverts for a few years now, but have just now ventured into reefkeeping, and bought my first coral (green-striped mushroom) yesterday. As part of my nightly ritual, I looked through my aquarium with a flashlight last night for hitchhikers, and...