Search results

1. M

What are these???

These translucent green spore like things have been popping up on my rock. they started in my polyp colony. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k276/fdnw1745/DSCN2452.jpg http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k276/fdnw1745/DSCN2451.jpg...
  2. M

Bristle Worms? Good, Bad, or Indifferent?

Over time I have read pro's and con's on Bristle worms. Some have said good, some say bad get them out, and some impartial. I saw one or two Bristle worms 8-10 months I identified them here and read some of the threads on them. They do seem to pick up the scraps on the bottom well, I think they...
  3. M

Any Ideas?

In the last 72hrs. I lost 3 fish, my Tang, Clown, and LMB. The Tang died about 3 days ago...was fine one day then laid on the bottom until her demise. The LMB was found on the floor by my wife last eveing at apporx. 12am...was still breathing a bit, so I put him back in and watched him for about...
  4. M

My first adventure.

I have been up and running for about 5 months, thanks to alot of help from this site. All has been going well. All occupants seem to be thriving and happy. Been battling a little hair algea problem, but seems to be normal. Water quality has been great from my testing. I have been doing 10% water...
  5. M

Some Pics. and a question.

Been up and running for about 2 months now with minimal problems. Some algea and cyanobacteria. Seem to be keeping up with both. Just purchased a RO/DI unit from The Filter Guys-Ocean Reef +1 and I'm brewing my first batch as I type. I may have been stocking rather quick, but all seems happy and...
  6. M

Ready or Not?

I attached my water tests and progress so far. I really think that the live sand and rock made a bit of a difference in my cycle, or at least it appears that way to me. Everything looks good in the tank, not that there is anything besides rock and sand. I am now starting to see a light hue of...
  7. M

Question?

I know some have been following my thread Preparing to take off, well as some know I took off Sunday. I added 60lbs. of Caribsea Aragalive live sand, which boasts to hold a vast amount of bacteria's http://www.carib-sea.com/pages/products/marine/substrate/aragalive.html. With that amount of...
  8. M

Preparing for take off!

Finally after 2.5yrs, I have gotten permission to start a saltwater tank. This past Saturday I stopped at the closest LFS that deals with saltwater mainly. I was there about 8 months ago also. www.millersreef.com, but anyway since I'm a pretty busy person...working 2 jobs...the owner is going to...
  9. M

Ready to start spending a little.

I have been debating this for quite some time now, but I think it is time to start. I was initially going to try to start up a little reef in a 10gal. to try to get my wife interested and eventually add a bigger system. I was talking to my neighbor and he offered me a 20gal. tank that he had...
  10. M

Lfs

Since really wanting to get involved in saltwater in the recent past, I have been looking for a LFS that delt with more than just mainly fresh water, pets, and basic saltwater. A few weeks ago I was responding to a traffic collision and glanced at this shop along the road on the way...
  11. M

Looking for advice.

I have this spare 10gal. glass tank, that used to house some Anole's. Well the lizards moved on, and I have been wanting to dive into the saltwater world for quite some time now. I have a 10gal. freshwater tank running for about 3yrs now. After doing alot of reading here and seeing all the...
  12. M

SW Wanna Be.

Hey All, I been doing some reading over the past few months, considering going saltwater, but not quite sure where to begin...reef, fish, fishy reef. Found this forum and have been reading alot here. Tons of info, and lots of great pics, glad I happened by. Hopefully in the near future...