Search results

1. 14gReefgrl

What am I missing? (swc)

Ended up with the extreme and it has been great. I will prob replace the pump in the near future but for now it does everything I need. (edit) err... I am on the wife's profile lol.
  2. 14gReefgrl

Tube abandonment!

Awesome, I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need to do anything crazy. Thanks for the help. I originally thought I lost this little guy but I just found him in one of the LR.
  3. 14gReefgrl

Tube abandonment!

I recently purchased a feather duster and about a day after I got it the worm abandoned his tube and is now living in a rock crevice. I just want to know if there is any special care I need to take to make sure it's going to do great. I know you want to know, so here are my levels :) : PH...
  4. 14gReefgrl

BioBalls

My husband has used Puregen in his 125g fresh water tank because our tap water comes out with ~30ppm nitrates out of the tap. He has been extremely happy with its performance. It is somewhat expensive but can be recharged for further use.
  5. 14gReefgrl

Interesting growth in my tank

Thank you for the posts, I don't mind at all what I see in my tank. I find it interesting. I knew there would be all sorts of new things showing up and it's been fun to see so far what they have been. My only worry when I saw the red algea in there was Cyno. After looking around more it...
  6. 14gReefgrl

Interesting growth in my tank

I have a new tank that has been running 3 weeks to a month and everything has just leveled out about two weeks ago. All parameters are within healthy range (0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates, 0 phosphates, calcium is 480, and 143 KH) and have held there for two weeks. I have been getting the...
  7. 14gReefgrl

icch

Is saltwater ich the same as freshwater ich?
  8. 14gReefgrl

Water Evaporation Question

Alright, thanks for the posts guys. :) My water parameters are looking great.
  9. 14gReefgrl

Thanks for the help. What would be the easiest way to raise the pH before adding the new top off water to my tank. It's only a 14g so if I just add the RO (again pH is 6.4) water as is, it will throw the pH off. I've read in several places that baking soda will work, any suggestions?
  10. 14gReefgrl

Water Evaporation

I didn't see any threads that talked about water evaporating from the tanks so here it is. :whstlr: I personally have a 14g biocube and it's getting to where I'll need to add more water to it soon. I buy my water from my favorite LFS because it's cost effective and leaves less room for error...
  11. 14gReefgrl

Hello from Texas

Thanks for the warm welcome and the addiction :P
  12. 14gReefgrl

I didn't see any threads that talked about water evaporating from the tanks so here it is. :dance: I personally have a 14g biocube and it's getting to where I'll need to add more water to it soon. I buy my water from my favorite LFS because it's cost effective and leaves less room for error...
  13. 14gReefgrl

Hello from Texas

Hello! I got suckered into the hobby by those beautiful coral display tanks at our LFS and my husband. He's into freshwater and had a 125g tank but really likes saltwater, unfortunately for him, he's too impatient to do it. :P He bought me a 14g biocube for our anniversary, if that's not a hint...